Mental Health Foundation ACT (MHF) provides community-based health support services directly and through partnerships with the National Disability Insurance Agency, the public health system, primary health providers and other community organisations.
MHF is currently experiencing significant growth and we are looking for Lifestyle Support Workers who have good availability and are keen to grow in partnership with us.
Duties and Responsibilities
MHF provides core support services to women in a residential home. At the request of the residents, we staff the site with female workers only.
This role will see you:
- Be considerate of the rights and needs of participants in their homes.
- Provide mental health mentoring and support to people living with mental illness.
- Identify and report significant and notable changes in the needs of people with lived experience and ensure that a record is prepared after each activity or appointment.
- Develop supportive and empowering relationships with people with the lived experience, their families and carers.
- Facilitate supported decision making.
- Provide support to participants overnight as part of their 24/7 care.
- Assist with self-administration of medication; meal preparation; and provide emotional support and encouragement to participants while they attend activities.
- Work as a member of the team sharing relevant knowledge and experience.
- You will be required to demonstrate that you have a minimum of two years providing direct supports to people with mental illness.
- You must be available to provide daytime shifts as well as evening and overnight, inactive shifts.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Experience working within the NDIS Framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills