- 0.6FTE (3 days – can be 3 full days or spread over 4, or 5 days)
- SCHADS Award Level 3.1
- Salary - $45,670 at 0.6FTE + super + salary packaging
About the Mental Health Council of Tasmania:
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is the peak body representing the mental health and wellbeing needs of all Tasmanians, and the community organisations that work with and support them. We work closely with the government to amplify the voices of our members and Tasmanian communities, to provide input into public policies and programs. We advocate for reform and improvement within the Tasmanian mental health system.
Our purpose: Strengthen and advocate for our communities and service providers to support the mental health and wellbeing of all Tasmanians.
Vision: Every Tasmanian has access to the resources and support needed for good mental health and wellbeing
Values: Compassionate and respectful, collaborative, and supportive, responsive, and adaptive, leading, and engaging
The Administration Support Officer is responsible for general office administration including answering incoming telephone enquiries, travel coordination, managing office and kitchen supplies, and the coordination of internal team meetings.
The Administration Support Officer will assist in maintaining the MHCT stakeholder registers and contact lists, and the review and maintenance of the shared file system in Microsoft Teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to telephone and email enquiries.
- Meet and greet visitors to MHCT and set up meeting rooms.
- Coordinate internal team meetings, including the preparation of meeting papers, room and technology set up, and catering.
- Coordinate staff travel including car hire and accommodation bookings.
- Maintain MHCT stakeholder registers and contact lists.
- Support the new member application process.
- Assist in the review and maintenance of the shared file system in Microsoft Teams.
- Oversee stationery, kitchen and office supplies, and equipment maintenance.
- Other administrative duties relevant to the role.
Required Skills and Personal Attributes:
This position would suit an outgoing, friendly professional who is looking to build on their administrative skills whilst working alongside our passionate team. Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, excellent organisation and time management skills are essential, together with a friendly can-do attitude.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Telephone and email enquiries are responded to in a friendly and professional manner within the required timeframes.
- Meeting rooms are booked and set up with appropriate equipment and refreshments.
- Meeting coordination, including the preparation and dissemination of papers, is undertaken as instructed and in a professional, timely manner.
- Staff travel is coordinated in line with the MHCT travel policy and procedure.
- MHCT stakeholder registers and contact lists are regularly reviewed and maintained with up-to-date information.
- New member applications are processed within the required timeframes.
- The Microsoft Teams file storage is reviewed and streamlined to improve the user experience.
- Stationery, kitchen and office supplies are monitored and replenished as required.
- Office equipment is maintained for effective use.
- A minimum of 12 months office administration experience.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft 365 products.
- Demonstrated experience in providing quality customer service.
- A willingness to learn and support team goals.
MHCT Employee Benefits:
- Salary Packaging
- Staff Wellbeing Program
- Central Hobart location
- Flexible Work Arrangements available on application after 3 months
Click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
Only applications that address the Selection Criteria will be considered for interview.
Enquiries to Shareen on 0433 788 857.
A position description is attached.