- Provide support to MCWH bilingual health educators and project partners’ bilingual health education workforce to deliver health education sessions across Australia; including and not limited to:
- Training and onboarding
- Skill and knowledge development
- Community Engagement
- Lead Community of Practice initiatives to promote stakeholder networking, collaboration and capability building
- Provide tailored support to health educators according to individual professional development needs
- Conduct administration relating to the support activities
- Work closely with the Training Team and Health Education Team to monitor health educators’ learning and support needs; and
- Submit regular reporting requirements as directed
- Represent MCWH externally as required;
- Participate in team and staff meetings, including contributing to planning, development, and evaluation of the organisation;
- Develop a regular work plan and participate in regular performance appraisal and professional development;
- Prepare work reports or other reporting materials as required; and
- Other duties consistent with the role and as negotiated with the Manager.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a project delivery role;
- Demonstrated experience in leadership initiatives;
- Excellent project/program planning and implementation skills;
- Excellent analytical and report-writing skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills;
- Experience engaging migrant and refugee communities; and
- Commitment to, and understanding of, migrant and refugee women’s issues from an intersectional feminist perspective.
- Knowledge and/or experience in women’s health and/or health education; and/or
- Knowledge/fluency in a language other than English.
- Some evening or weekend work may be required from time-to-time;
- The candidate must be able to work from home and a hybrid working from home/office arrangement may be possible/necessary;
- A satisfactory Police Check and Working with Children check may be required; and
- Up to date COVID-19 vaccination (unless a medical exemption applies).
- Salary packaging-tax benefit of up to $15,900 pa (grossed-up)
- Meal entertainment program up to $2,650 pa
- Above-award leave entitlements as outlined in MCWH EBA
Period of appointment
This is a fixed-term role, scheduled to end on 29th February 2024.
A position description is attached.