Are you an Events and communication Whiz looking for more purpose and impact in your career? The Events and Community Engagement Coordinator is a new position within our team, responsible for planning, developing and coordinating a variety of culturally inclusive community events and forums that are engaging and exciting. You’ll be working collaboratively with a small and dynamic team to ensure all aspects of event management are delivered in a best practice, creative manner to drive meaningful and positive change for our communities across Tasmania.
Due to the inherent nature of events, you will need some flexibility in the pattern of hours, including weekends and evenings on occasion.
What’s in it for you!
- Working with an amazing team, driven to create meaningful change and inclusive outcomes for our communities!
- Remuneration commensurate with the SCHADS Award, dependent upon qualifications and experience
- 11% Superannuation
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- Flexible working conditions
The Multicultural Council of Tasmania (MCOT) is the state’s peak body for ethnic communities and aims to improve access for culturally and linguistically diverse Tasmanians to social, economic and political life in Tasmania..
- Strong communications experience, working with a diverse portfolio of community groups or stakeholders to influence positive engagement and connection.
- Experience in the organisation of a wide range of cultural and community events, and enthusiasm to deliver exciting events to a range of communities.
- Experience using social medial platforms and communication tools (including but not limited to MailChimp, Instagram, Facebook) to ensure effective communication to our communities.
- Previous experience in event/project management essential, with understanding of event and program management tools, principles and practices.
- Sound understanding of WHS regulations and procedures, as well as risk management relating to events.
- Ability to write event briefs and government correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with CALD communities, engage an audience and relate to a wide range of people.
- Experience in forging and nurturing community partnerships that foster collaboration across community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation applicable to local Government.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast moving, small team environment.
- High standard of written and verbal communication and collaboration skills, including negotiation, organisation, interpersonal and facilitation skills, particularly working with members from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- High attention to detail to ensure the smooth and efficient running of events and community forums, with strong time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Proven administrative experience maintaining files, financial records and databases, with strong experience using a range of computer applications including the Microsoft Office suite.
- Work closely with the Community Development Lead to coordinate all aspects of a myriad of diverse MCOT events, meeting the brief and objective of each event within budget and to schedule.
- Support the delivery of community events, including, but not limited to, Harmony Week, Women’s Networking sessions and Multicultural Employers Conference.
- End-to-end events management responsibilities, including planning, organising, budgeting and implementing a range of events as required, including booking venues, speakers, vendors, musicians, arranging all scheduling requirements, managing the set up, pull down and follow up processes.
- Liaise with council employees, the community, volunteers, stall holders, suppliers, vendors, and contractors during the event planning process to ensure the event and associated logistics meet project requirements and community expectations.
- Develop and distribute external communication content including newsletters and social media content.
- Provide timely reports and budget to the CEO to adhere to funding acquittals.
- Assist in the recruitment of event volunteers and coordinate the activities of event volunteers.
- Develop and implement strong marketing plan to ensure maximum participation at events and forums.
- Increase event exposure through current and new media sources.
- Maintain and build on current sponsorship arrangements and marketing stakeholder relationships
- Capture records in an efficient, effective and transparent manner.
- The successful candidate must:
- have the right to work in Australia;
- satisfy a Working with Vulnerable People Check following commencement;
- Have an Australian drivers licence and access to a vehicle; and
- have some flexibility in the pattern of hours, including weekends and evening work as per event requirements
Please click Apply now to submit your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.