About the role
Many Rivers Community Economic Program (CED) provides long term support to regional and remote Indigenous Communities who want to establish or grow businesses and jobs on their land and waters. Operating since 2015, we work with Communities across Australia.
The CED Manager works with Indigenous Community Organisations and their Communities by building on existing strengths, knowledge and assets whilst increasing capability in governance, compliance, strategy and plans for business and employment goals. We commit to working with a Community for 5 years, and at all times we support the goals expressed by the Community.
What you must have:
- Experience working respectfully and constructively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Communities and individuals.
- Success with engaging and working with different government bodies and other corporate and community stakeholders.
- An established business network with experience in stakeholder management.
- Well-developed financial literacy, including the interpretation and use of financial statements and financial management tools.
- Coaching, mentoring and capacity building skills.
- A high degree of self-organisation and motivation, and the ability to work effectively in a remote team.
- Impeccable integrity, trust, respect, stewardship, strong cultural awareness and commitment to people in disadvantaged circumstances.
- Excellent verbal, spoken, and written communication skills.
What you might have
- Commercial, owner/operator business experience.
- Previous experience in Indigenous corporate governance and working with Indigenous governing bodies is highly desirable.
- Proficient in the use of internet technology (Zoom and Teams), MS Office suite, previous experience with Client Management System is desirable.
To be considered for this position, click "Apply Now" and follow the application instructions.
For further information or for a full position description, please email [email protected] using the subject line: Community Economic Development Manager - Kimberley enquiry via EthicalJobs or visit www.manyrivers.org.au.