- Leadership position
- Great Salary Packaging benefits offered.
- Professional development, and training opportunities available.
- Diverse, innovative team.
The Mallee Sexual Assault Unit (MSAU) and Mallee Domestic Violence Services (MDVS) provides services for women, men and children throughout the Northern and Southern Mallee region, border communities of New South Wales, the Mallee Track and Shires of Gannawarra and Buloke. Our services are free and available to all victim survivors.
Located in Mildura, the Program Manager - Sexual Assault and Therapeutic Family Violence will provide operational leadership to a diverse, multi-disciplinary team and oversee the day-to-day operations and management of the Sexual Assault and Therapeutic FV programs.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Overseeing the effective day-to-day operations of the sexual assault and therapeutic FV programs, including a number of regional programs.
- Providing leadership, supervision and direction to ensure a strong, cohesive and high functioning team, positive staff morale, effective teamwork, professional development and the wellbeing of a multi-disciplinary team, including the maintenance of professional standards of practice.
- Monitoring and supporting the delivery of high quality services to a vulnerable client group –victim survivors of family and sexual violence.
- Modelling and establishing strong collaboration within and across teams at MSAU-MDVS.
- Participating in the development and maintenance of quality partnerships with key agencies across the Mallee.
- Participating in the embedding of family violence and sexual assault state-wide reform initiatives across the service.
- Preparing the program budget work and maintain accountability for the program budget and implement corrective action as required.
What you will need to succeed
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the drivers/causes of sexual and family violence and child and family vulnerability, as well as the child and family services and/or broader social services sector and their fundamental practices and theories.
- Demonstrated experience in leading practice within complex service delivery contexts, particularly multi-disciplinary and multi-agency approaches to the provision of community based services to a broad range of people including women, men, children, families and diverse communities.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia, meet minimum mandatory tertiary qualification requirements, have a current Working With Children’s Check for both VIC & NSW, a National Police Check and a current driver’s license.
For enquiries, please contact Deanne Kontrec, Human Resources Manager MSAU-MDVS on (03) 5025 5431 or email on [email protected], using the subject line: Program Manager - Sexual Assault and Therapeutic Family Violence - Mildura enquiry via EthicalJobs.
For information on how to apply and to obtain a detailed position description, please go to: our careers page.