- Provide administrative support to the business unit
- Permanent ongoing position based in Rockhampton
- Excellent customer service skills required
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Based in our Rockhampton office, the Administration Officer will provide relief reception duties, administrative support and general office assistance. You will need prior experience in a similar role and have strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. You will also be required to work on complex spreadsheets so strong MS Office skills are essential. You will support a team of Out of Home Care & Aged Care professionals that help to make a positive change in the lives of children and young people.
- Receptionist duties such as answering incoming telephone calls as required and using a switchboard.
- Provide administrative support to the business and in particular to the Operations Manager.
- Schedule appointments, meetings and teleconferences.
- Prepare electronic presentations.
- Coordinate meeting requirements - catering, room, equipment & document preparation.
- Maintain and update electronic diaries for the Operations Manager.
- Ensure the good order of LWB vehicles and scheduling of maintenance in accordance with Fleet Management Policy and Procedures.
- Production of reports as required.
Skills & Experience
- High level administrative skills and experience in providing support and assistance to management or finance setting.
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive information and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to use initiative in the workplace and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Current Driver Licence.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Rewarding role with extensive opportunities for professional development
- Competitive salary with generous salary packaging benefits, RDO per month
- Permanent full time position