- Options to work part time, full time (up to 38 hours), from Monday to Saturday.
Would you like to work within a values-driven Not For Profit organisation and a close-knit team environment? This growing, multidisciplinary organisation offers a comprehensive professional development support that will provide you ample opportunities to grow your professional practice and gain exposure to a multidisciplinary approach to client focused care. We have many families and schools waiting for support, as well as an enthusiastic and passionate team of speech pathologists, clinical supervisors and managers who will support you to provide evidence based interventions.
About your role
We are searching for passionate Speech Pathologists to join the team. This role gives you the opportunity to work at our Peakhurst clinic, as well as the opportunity to work in whole school service delivery in collaboration with education teams to achieve the best outcomes for students who may not normally be able to afford or access support.
Our roles are fully flexible with options to work part time, full time (up to 38 hours), from Monday to Saturday.
We also have flexible arrangements for you to work from home to complete your reports, provide mentoring or support, or work with families online over Zoom.
Click on this link to meet the Therapy Manager Liz and learn more about positions available at Learning Links.
Day to day you will:
Use your empathy and expertise to make a difference to the lives of children and families across Sydney.
In this role day to day, you will be:
- Working with a wide range of children including those with learning difficulties and disabilities and their families and teachers.
- Working in a clinic close to home, with assessment tools and resources provided for you.
- Working collaboratively to support school communities through assessments, intervention with students, demonstrations, consultation and professional learning.
- Conducting screening, assessment, diagnosis, and evidence-based intervention for children with speech, language and communication needs.
- Providing clinical supervision and mentoring to early career speech pathologists.
- Planning, developing and presenting professional learning for our team based on your areas of expertise.
- Participating in peer supervision with a team of highly experienced clinicians.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team of Psychologists and Educators
- Providing great customer service and build positive customer relationships through effective communication.
- Achieving individual and team KPIs to support Learning Links’ strategy for growth.
Why is Learning Links right for you?
- Full administration support from our intake and Customer Care team who manage bookings and enquiries.
- We provide you with technology support including supplying you with a laptop, iPad, and Wi-Fi – which means you’ve got the tools and support you need to spend more of your time supporting children, families and staff.
- A range of clinical experiences available depending on your interests
- Support to continue your clinical growth including:
- Regular supervision with a supervising Speech Pathologist based on your level of experience
- Access to $1000 budget in your first year for external professional development in an area of your choosing
- Assessment and intervention with a wide ranging paediatric caseload
- Opportunity to join an Evidence Based Practice Network
- Opportunities to develop your coaching, leadership and teaching skills including
- An invitation to complete the Gallup Strengths based assessment
- Clinical supervision and mentoring with early career clinicians (for speech pathologists with 3+ years’ experience)
- Clinical Education of University Students
- Opportunities to facilitating group supervision and team training
- Opportunities to represent the team on organisation wide committees
- Five dedicated internal professional development days per year and free access to all webinars and courses run by Learning Links professionals.
- A competitive salary package plus the ability to salary sacrifice up to $18,549 to reduce your pre-tax income.
- Variety and flexibility at work with exposure to multiple disciplines and programs (e.g., psychology, education, early intervention, and teams running community programs etc.).
- Insightful focus on leadership and working with all leaders to build their toolkit of skills.
- Giving back to communities by helping kids from low socio-economic or disadvantaged background.
- Flexible work options galore (part time, various locations, Telehealth consults etc.).
Our Speechie team at Learning Links are special. We work hard to support children and families, but we also enjoy a few laughs at our team days and social events (eg. Friday night dinners; board game night). We set up your timetable and bookings to maximise your strengths and contribute to growth and learning, and to allow opportunities for you to work with staff, sites, and schools nearest to you. Our team work permanent hours across the year, and we come together every school holiday period to connect and learn.
Your knowledge and qualifications
- Relevant qualification in Speech Pathology (Bachelor or Masters)
- Certified Practicing Member of Speech Pathology Australia
- A passion for working with children
- Strong knowledge of evidence-based practice in the areas of paediatric assessment and intervention including speech, language and fluency disorders.
- Willingness to travel with a current driver’s license and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
About Learning Links
Learning Links have over 50 years’ experience in providing evidence-based therapy, education, and support services to help children build the skills and confidence to learn, develop and thrive. We work in close collaboration with parents, professionals, and schools to work towards our vision of creating a community where difficulties learning is no longer a barrier to a fulfilling life.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion as well as creating a sense of belonging is important to us and you will have a structured and detailed onboarding program to give you a great start in understanding the culture.
Child safety is top priority for us, and we are a child safe organisation. You will be asked to undergo a NDIS Worker Screening Check and Working with Children Check.
For further information about Learning Links please click on the link here to the careers page.
how to apply
Click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
Position description: Speech Pathologist Position Description.