Langford Support Services (Langford) is a not for profit, Tasmanian organisation providing a range of individual and flexible support options for people with a disability or mental illness within a supported living, community based, centre based or short-term accommodation environment and Therapeutic Care Support for children and young people.
We are committed to providing a person-centred, therapeutic care and active supports for people to live their life in a way they choose. We take the time to match support teams with participants so they can work together to develop and implement individualised supports to assist people achieve their goals.
About the Role:
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day support and coordination of the teams who are delivering the planning and coordination of flexible and person-centred supports within Community and Community Hub. Our way of working puts the participant at the centre of their support and services, enabling participants to make informed choices, exercise control and maximise their independence.
This position is required to participate in a roster providing back up support to the on-call response team.
The successful applicant will;
- Provide day to day oversight to further progress the quality of supports and relationships within Langford Service Delivery for NDIS Supported Independent Living and Community Supports and Child and Youth Therapeutic Supports
- Provide mentorship, leadership and proactive support to Service Delivery Team
- Participate in a roster to provide support and direction for the On Call emergency response team outside of business hours
- Ensure that Service Delivery team is maintaining client record management systems and compliance frameworks that support the organisations compliance with and commitment to the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Framework and the Child and Youth Safe Organisations Framework.
- Ensuring systems are maintained for ongoing development and implementation of participant Goals and Therapeutic Care Goals
- Provide leadership, coaching and performance counselling to Team Leaders and Support Workers, and a collaborative environment that promotes open communication, teamwork, and mutual respect.
What you will bring to the role:
- Qualifications in Management and Leadership in the Community Sector or equivalent
- Substantial experience working with participants and support teams to provide client-centric services.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the NDIS and the Quality and Safeguarding framework.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Child and Youth Safe Organisations Framework.
- Knowledge and understanding of person-centred, therapeutic care and active support practices.
- Experience leading, coaching and supervising teams including conflict resolution.
You will be required to provide and maintain the following safeguarding and employment screening checks throughout your employment:
- Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP) Check with an NDIS endorsement
- National Police Check
- Current unrestricted Tasmanian drivers’ licence
- Completion of ‘Quality, Safety and You’ NDIS Orientation Module – upon appointment
- A current First Aid Certificate – upon appointment
- A current Administration of Medication Certificate - upon appointment
If you would like a copy of the position description, please don't hesitate to reach out to; [email protected] using the subject line: Senior Program Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.