The Community Health Manager at Katungul Aboriginal Corporation Regional Health and Community Services (Katungul) is a leadership role responsible for providing expert oversight and direction in the development of community based mental health activities, engagement and services to enhance and embed cultural ways of being and doing support through trauma informed practice.
This role plays a critical role in ensuring Katungul's effective holistic community mental health management services to improve health outcomes founded on evidence based best practices, clinical expertise, health service modelling, embedded in a Kinship approach to ensure culturally appropriate and competent health services for community, and with community.
Main duties and responsibilities overview (PD will be provided to shortlisted candidates)
- Strategic management
- Financial Management
- Program Management
- People & Staff Management
- Records Management
- Quality Improvement
- Maintain Internal and external relationships.
- Workplace Health and Safety
Other duties Fulfil other duties as required by management and other department personnel as requested/required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications Cert 4 Minimum in management (healthcare), and/or Community Services.
- 5-year Relevant experience in leading teams and community-based projects.
- Demonstrated experience with and/or significant understanding of Aboriginal health and social and wellbeing issues faced by Aboriginal people.
- Demonstrated experience in program development, risk management, case management and coordination and program implementation with Aboriginal communities within the healthcare or community services sector.
- Proven track record in providing strategic leadership and direction in service and program development.
- Experience in project plans to ensure effective and efficient program outcomes are achieved.
- Project Management experience, including budget and KPI reporting against Funding Agreements.
- Sound understanding of legislative requirements for delivering frontline services, case management, mandatory reporting, and health programs.
- Client pathways for effective health outcomes to improve social and emotional wellbeing.
- Challenges of Aboriginal health across the far south coast and factors in delivering programs in regional and remote setting.
- Established knowledge and relationships with Aboriginal services, networks and peak bodies.
- Full NSW unrestricted driver’s license (essential)
- NDIS workers screening check (essential)
- Working with children check (essential)
- National police check (essential)
- Must be willing to undergo pre-employment medical and drug testing as well as random testing.
- Multisite travel and or overnight stays may be required for work to fulfil the requirements of the role and represent the organisation on a range of platforms.
What we are offering
- Full time Role – Monday to Friday
- Location Narooma or Batemans Bay
- Salary Negotiable depending on experience.
- Salary sacrifice is offered in addition to your base salary.
- This role is office based and community based there is no WFH options.
- You may be required to do additional hours to from time to time to fulfil your role.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply for a initial confidential discussion.