The role of the Grants and Partnerships Manager is to grow JOY’s income streams by securing funding through, grant writing, and negotiation of partnerships with corporates, governments, significant donors, philanthropic trusts and foundations as you raise funds for a diverse range of purposes benefitting the communities JOY Media serves. Working with the Services Income Manager, CEO, and leadership team, the Grants and Partnerships Manager will deliver, secure, and enhance JOY’s funding strategy to help ensure the ongoing sustainability and growth of the organisation.
Your key responsibilities.
- Actively participating in the JOY leadership team to contribute to the successful achievement of our strategic plan for growth.
- Leading the execution, delivery, supervision, and continual improvement of JOY’s funding strategies, to improve revenue acquisition and retention performance, including:
- Sourcing, researching, writing, and submitting winning grant/funding applications.
- Sourcing, negotiating, and managing corporate fundraising activities.
- Ongoing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of new and existing major donors and supporters to grow a diverse income stream including planning and delivering occasional events and campaigns.
- Managing and building our bequest and philanthropic gifts programs.
- Exploring and developing other revenue streams as opportunities arise.
- Setting and achieving targets for growth in total fundraising income.
- Analysing campaigns and reporting to ensure continuous improvement.
- Working in support of the Services Income Manager to ensure continued client liaison, during their absence.
- Working in conjunction with the Operations Team to design regular communications with new and existing stakeholders, including newsletters, website and social media content, and mailings.
- Ensuring all fundraising activities operate within relevant fundraising regulations and are in harmony with the Principles & Standards of Fundraising Practice of Fundraising Institute Australia.
- Ensuring JOY’s Salesforce database is used effectively and efficiently to track fundraising management, servicing, and engagement processes.
This is an ideal opportunity for the right person to develop JOY’s fundraising from a relative green field position and for which our expectations are high, and to grow your personal position as a successful fundraising professional.
Required skills, knowledge, and experience.
- Living or aligning within the LGBTIQA+ community, using your emotional intelligence and authenticity to continuously integrate knowledge of community into your practice.
- Significant (5 years +) experience within the fundraising, or similar not for profit sector roles.
- Significant (5 years +) experience in a leadership role managing teams, resources, and projects.
- Demonstrated record of success across components of the fundraising mix, including appeals, grants, bequests, philanthropic gifts and partnerships and other financial support.
- Strong networking skills and proven success in influencing stakeholders in a sensitive manner.
- Proven ability to develop, manage & evaluate strategic fundraising projects including budgets and forecasts.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team, with ability to multi-task / time manage to deliver successful outcomes on a variety of projects concurrently.
- High level skills in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, encourage, foster and evaluate creative ideas and possibilities with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Success in this role will include measurement of:
- Strategic Fundraising Plan to complement JOY’s Strategic Plan prepared, approved and implementation initiated within 90 days of commencement.
- Gross fundraising of $200,000 (excluding bequests) within 12 months of commencement.
- Enthusiastic participation in all JOY’s awareness, fundraising and promotional events as a team member.
A position description is attached.