- Empower people with disabilities to achieve their full potential
- Lead a dynamic team developing innovative and person centred strategies
- Full-time - with an award-winning social enterprise in Kew Vic
We are a forward-thinking organisation committed to promoting inclusion, diversity, and equal opportunities for people with disabilities. We create great quality products and services for our business customers. We do this so our employees can get a sense of purpose, belonging and pride that only comes from a job well done - and we must be doing something right - among our many long-term customers are some of the most respected names in Australian business.
We believe everyone deserves the same opportunities to work - but people living with a disability and those who experience social disadvantage often experience significant barriers to employment. Our focus is on breaking down those barriers by providing training and employment with expert support tailored to the needs of our Employees, whilst delivering high quality commercial goods and services to our customers.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the COO, you will lead a team (2 direct reports and 8 in total) that is responsible for inducting, training, and supporting employees in the workplace, and communication with family and carers. You will:
- Lead our employee support team to deliver the very best outcomes for our employees ensuring their wellbeing, skills development, growth, goal achievement and productivity
- Guide, mentor and develop Employee Support staff and manage escalations of employee support issues
- Foster and support a culture of accountability and performance through establishing team goals, monitoring performance and providing feedback
- Oversee Individual Employment Plans (IEP’s) to ensure goal achievement
- Promote and manage work experience programs
- Together with the team, ensure compliance with NDIS Practice Standards and Code of Conduct and that employee’s plans and goals under the NDIS are being fulfilled
- Experience leading, supporting and mentoring teams
- Relevant Formal qualifications (e.g. Community Services/Allied Health/Disability) a
- A working knowledge of the NDIS is an advantage but not essential
- Positive and solution focused with empathetic and respectful management of conflict
- Valuing diversity, and building inclusive environments where people experience belonging
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills – with the ability to interact and collaborate with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- Competency in MS Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet and various other software applications).
Click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
Specific questions are to be forwarded to Mark Dalton, Independent Recruitment Consultant via [email protected] using the subject line: Senior Manager - Supported Employment - Ability Works enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.