The Information Access Group specialises in the creation of accessible materials for a range of audiences, including people with a disability and culturally and linguistically diverse communities. We are currently looking for a graphic designer to work with us on a freelance basis. This position will work best for someone who is comfortable with helping out in peak periods and working under tight timeframes. We are looking for a high level of flexibility and availability, depending on work requirements.
You must be willing to work on a PC to do this role. Experience with accessibility will be highly regarded, but we can offer training to the right candidate. The training will take place in our office in Clayton. The work location can be negotiated but, ideally, we would like you to work in our office some of the time.
We need someone who:
- Has three years or more of design experience and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Can adapt and create custom illustrations and icons quickly. Strong, proven illustration skills
- Will ensure that artwork meets any visual style guide requirements that our clients have.
- Can design, create and update Word documents.
- Will support and work with the existing team on a range of web development projects and print publications e.g. brochures, flyers, booklets, reports and newsletters.
- Is willing to work on a PC, learn how to produce accessible versions of files, be flexible and try your hand in new programs, social media or online tools as necessary and do administrative tasks and document processes from time-to-time.
- Can communicate confidently and effectively in written formats, on the phone, with our staff and with our clients.
The following describes the ideal candidate for the role:
- You’re a confident user of:
- The PC
- The Adobe Suite of programs including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Microsoft Office, in particular Word and PowerPoint.
- You have a strong typesetting background with demonstrated experience in:
- A range of print and digital formats
- Development of icons and vector illustrations.
- You have high levels of attention to detail and have a passion for accuracy in design.
- You’ve worked in print and web formats and are comfortable moving between the
- You’re looking for a regular yet flexible arrangement and can offer availability and flexibility
- You’re interested in being part of a warm, friendly team who are committed to making
a difference in the community.
The rate will be negotiated in a range of $50-$60 per hour, depending on your level of experience.
A full position description is available below.