We believe that everyone deserves to belong to a connected and caring community.
The Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre develops and delivers programs and services in response to community need. Presently, the Centre manages 30 funded programs that encompass aspects of aged care, family services, diversity and social isolation.
Do you have a passion for working with youth at risk? Do you have extensive knowledge in addressing the needs and issues of youth? This might be the position you have been looking for.
About the Role
This role will be delivering the new Our Voice Youth project to improve employability skills for young people to improve their connection to community through group work. The Youth Worker will support young people who have left home and are at risk of homelessness and use strong service networks to deliver a tailored service to these young people.
- Extensive knowledge of the needs and issues of youth.
- Certificate III in Youth Work or equivalent.
- Superior Human Relation Skills and good computer skills.
- Group facilitation and training experience.
- Current C class driver’s licence.
- Degree or higher tertiary qualification in Human Services would be preferable.
- Experience working in a youth related service with vulnerable young people.
This position is part-time, working 30 hours per week (4 days) from 8.30am to 4.30pm and paid at SACS Award Level 3.
- Proven ability to deliver interventions with at risk young people and their families, including mediation, family counselling, interagency relationships and case management.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering group work program to at risk young people.
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with local organisations to implement projects which support the young people. Demonstrated experience in implementing innovative youth projects.
- Highly developed interpersonal and written communication skills, including report writing and conflict resolution skills, and a sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Knowledge of, or ability to acquire knowledge of, Child Safety, Workplace Health and Safety, Discrimination, Privacy and other relevant legislative requirements for this service context.