- Salary: $90000 - $110000 per annum
- JOB - 10003186
- This is an exciting opportunity for the right Speech Therapist (Paediatrics) to join the team and be part of an innovative and fun team whilst progressing in your career
- The position is open to Experienced or New Graduates
- Job Type: Permanent Full Time
- After Hours Requirements: No
ABOUT HEALTH WORKFORCE QUEENSLAND
Health Workforce Queensland is a not for profit, non-Government Rural Workforce Agency (RWA) for primary health workforce in Queensland, focused on making sure remote, rural, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island communities have access to highly skilled health professionals when and where they need them, now and into the future. Our Vision is to ensure an optimal health workforce to enhance the health of Queensland communities.
This fast-growing multi-disciplinary allied health team includes six Exercise Physiologists, three Occupational Therapists, and an Allied Health Assistant. The practice has a strong reputation that is built on quality, compassion, care, and a fun culture. They are a driven team that pride themselves on teamwork, excellence, and innovation. They focus on bringing out the best in their team members, because they know this will result in the best experience for their clients. This group of practices specialises in providing exercise physiology and occupational therapy services to a diverse range of clients throughout Cairns, Cassowary Coast Region, Atherton Tablelands, Mossman, and Yarrabah.
How to know if this workplace is right for you:
- If you love people and enjoy adding value to their lives
- If you are passionate about Speech Therapy and feel you would like to make a huge impact in your client’s lives and grow personally and professionally to achieve this
- If you are confident, energetic, driven, and motivated If you have experience and/or interest in all aspects of Speech Therapy, and a thirst for learning, growth, and diversity,
- If you love working and learning within a close-knit supportive team environment,
- If you are an outgoing people person who enjoys meeting and working with a broad range of people of different cultural backgrounds, ages, and needs
- If you like getting out and about from the clinic and supporting people within the community in their home.
Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology or equivalent
- Membership with Speech Pathology Australia (or ability to obtain this)
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- A current Working with Children Blue Card (or ability to obtain this)
- A current Worker Screening Card (or ability to obtain this)
- A current Police Check (or ability to obtain this)
- Unrestricted driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
Salary Information: $90,000 - $110,000 per annum
- Offering great work/life balance is a top priority for the practice so flexibility in work hours with no early mornings, late evenings, or weekend work
- An amazing and supportive administrative team
- You get to apply new ways of dealing with common problems
- You get weekly mentoring and fortnightly in-house continuing education and clinical workshops
- Professional development allowance and support in your pursuit of your clinical interests and passion
- Amazing opportunities for learning and further upskilling from the clinical leadership team in the areas of paediatric
- Opportunities for progression in your career as a clinical supervisor and/or subject matter expert or any clinical interest area of yours- this wording sounds a bit strange. Is it better to separate the clinical areas of expertise.
- You are part of a very strong and committed team and you get to learn from other multi-disciplinary health professionals who are aligned with the practices core purpose
- You get to help with creating new ways to do business and help people
- You get excellent work conditions and all equipment provided
- Competitive remuneration
- Opportunity for financial assistance in postgraduate study (e.g. Masters etc.) or professional courses
- Fun and exciting team culture
- Work from home as an option
- You get to live in the Cairns region where the rainforest meets the reef and so much to do on weekends such as scuba diving, hiking, waterfall hunting, and water skiing
- This is a unique opportunity for those who wish to relocate to Cairns as reimbursement of relocation costs can be arranged and annual visits to interstate families are supported for the right candidate.
The Cairns Region is a local government area in Far North Queensland, Queensland, Australia, centred on the regional centre of Cairns. It was established in 2008 by the amalgamation of the City of Cairns and the Shire of Douglas.
For more information on this position, please contact our team via [email protected] using the subject line: Speech Pathologist - Paediatrics - Cairns enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.