- JOB -10003216
- Graduate applications are welcome!
- Are you looking for a sea change?
- Flexible hours, no weekend work
- Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
ABOUT HEALTH WORKFORCE QUEENSLAND
Health Workforce Queensland is a not for profit, non-Government Rural Workforce Agency (RWA) for primary health workforce in Queensland, focused on making sure remote, rural, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island communities have access to highly skilled health professionals when and where they need them, now and into the future. Our Vision is to ensure an optimal health workforce to enhance the health of Queensland communities.
About the Role:
The role will be working in a Private practice. You will learn from our director who has over 12 years of experience in Physiotherapy and multi-discipline rehabilitation. The work will cover a broad caseload, which may include;
- Chronic disease self-management and rehabilitation.
- Working with NDIS participants.
- Running group exercise interventions in our on-site studio.
- Functional capacity evaluations & Pre-employment screening.
- Clinic appointments and home visits.
- Return to sport rehabilitation, Sport specific and injury prevention training.
- Health promotion and program development.
Qualifications & Experience:
You must be a AHPRA registered Physiotherapist and utilise evidence-based best practice approaches to service delivery and design.
Specific Employment Requirements:
- Bachelor or Master Degree qualification in Physiotherapy.
- Current AHPRA registration.
- Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance.
- A valid DHS Working with Children Check (NDIS and Bluecard)
- Current First Aid and CPR.
- A Police check will be conducted.
- Full proof of current vaccinations (Including COVID19).
Desired but not Essential:
- Qualifications as a Pilates or Yoga instructor.
- Qualifications for functional capacity evaluations (FCEs) & Drug and BAC testing.
- Motivated to work independently when the clinic is busy and a willingness to drive the growth of a Physiotherapy caseload.
- Confidence to treat and manage clients with a range of chronic health and musculoskeletal conditions.
- A well-developed understanding of working within NDIS; Frameworks, Practice Standards, Report Writing, Regulations.
- Have strong communication skills and utilise these to work with clients, our community and our team.
- Capable of learning & using technology both for administration and delivery of Physiotherapy programs.
- Experience in conducting functional capacity evaluations & pre-employment screening and ergonomic assessments.
- Experience in delivering classes for fitness and or health specific programs (Seniors exercise classes, MS and PD groups).
- Experience with Pilates equipment and Pilates instruction certificate preferred.
The organisation will provide a pathway to develop your clinical skills and ensure professional development support. Substantial scholarships and bursary funding is also available for regional healthcare providers.
This physiotherapy practice was established in 2019. It is a modern health and wellness practice, focused on creating achievable and sustainable long-term health and fitness benefits for our clients and community. With its strong commitment to the community and focus on delivering quality, person-centred services. They have a fully equipped exercise studio, including Pilates reformers and yoga equipment. They have grown significantly, and are now seeking a Physiotherapist to join their dynamic and supportive team. An additional advantage is a relaxed lifestyle in a coastal town with all the amenities you need and recreational activities to keep you busy.
If you want to make a difference, please contact us.
- Salary is market competitive, negotiable on experience.
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Retention incentive
- Employee discounts
- Gym membership
- Permanency and a career path in the future as we expand.
- Diversity in your activities & clients.
- Career mapping with opportunities for advancement within the organisation and involvement with innovative project development.
- Regular mentoring sessions.
- Professional development allowance, including paid internal and external professional development activities and travel reimbursements.
- Access to rural health scholarships and bursaries through Qld Govt.
- Join our close-knit team and social events throughout the year.
For more information on this position, please contact our team via [email protected] using the subject line: Physiotherapist - Whitsundays Coast enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Que