- Create your future at The Healing Foundation
- An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced person with project management skills to work within the WorkUp Queensland team based in Brisbane on a 12 Month fixed term contract with the possibility for extension.
Working with WorkUP Queensland Team
WorkUP Queensland brings together The Healing Foundation’s strong connection to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and healing, backed by the expertise of ANROWS in facilitating evidence-based policy and practice. Informed and driven by frontline providers, our objective is to address workforce-related challenges and opportunities to grow the workforce and better support current and future workers.
WorkUp Queensland is the sexual violence, women’s health and domestic and family violence sector’s partner in supporting a strong and skilled workforce.
This position sits in The Healing Foundation a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation that provides a platform to amplify the voices and lived experience of Stolen Generations survivors and their families.
Our work honours the First Nations ancestors who inspire strong spirit, strong culture and strong people in all future generations.
The Role of Senior Project Officer
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Excellent relationship skills, organisational and project management skills with the ability to engage with members of the sector, ability to understand the sector needs and develop workforce strategies to support those needs.
As Senior Project Officer you will be responsible for:
- Managing and implementing workforce capability-building and action learning initiatives to meet domestic and family violence, sexual assault and women’s health and wellbeing sector needs.
- Collaborating with project team members to ensure delivery of a suite of statewide capacity and capability-building strategies both directly and through sub-contractors.
- Producing project plans and manage the delivery of contracted projects according to Healing Foundation procedures, to ensure the achievement of agreed objectives, milestones, timeframes and budgets.
Selection Criteria - Essential skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated project and contract management skills utilising a sector development framework and ability to problem solve effectively and creatively.
- Demonstrated understanding of sexual, domestic and family violence, trauma and healing.
- Ability to build and create strong relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members, stakeholders, training providers and organisations.
- The ability to work independently, manage workloads, take initiative and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively including cross culturally.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and flexibly to support delivery of project outcomes and contribute to the broader objectives of THF.
- To ensure the safety of those most vulnerable in the community, you must be able to obtain a valid WWVP check and provide evidence you are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
What we can offer you
- An attractive salary
- Opportunity to work with a skilled and professional team
- Excellent Employment conditions including Tax exempt Salary packaging and Flexible Work arrangements (50/50)
- Family Friendly Accredited Organisation
- Employee Wellness and Assistance Programs
Applications must include a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) and current resume.
In your cover letter, you must address the following questions:
- WorkUP Queensland recognises the workforce as a powerful driver of change in ending domestic, family and sexual violence. What is your understanding of workforce planning and development/sector development and what skills do you bring?
- WorkUP requires self-initiative and autonomy, as well as collaboration across the team. What are the key elements in working within a high-performance team? And what attributes would you bring?
The Healing Foundation is committed to ensuring all individuals are treated with dignity, regardless of cultural background, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or spiritual beliefs. As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage and prioritise applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
For any questions about the role, please email [email protected] using the subject line: Senior Project Officer - WorkUp Queensland enquiry via EthicalJobs.
For more information on WorkUP Queensland, please visit our website.
This is an immediate vacancy; interviews will be held as applications are received and assessed.