- Part-time (0.8 FTE) position located in Melbourne or Castlemaine, VIC
- An exciting opportunity working to improve men's mental health in Australia
- Drive growth of NFP partnerships/business development functions
Hope Assistance Local Tradies (HALT), established in 2013, is a national grassroots, suicide prevention charity. The HALT program aims to improve the mental health literacy and communication skills of tradies, encouraging them to speak up and ask for support from their friends, families and support workers if they are struggling with their mental health or thinking about suicide.
Partnering with trades businesses, hardware stores, men’s sheds, learning institutions, farming communities, emergency responders and other key stakeholders, HALT hold ‘Save Your Bacon’ brekkies and other events across Australia, raising awareness of mental health and linking tradies to relevant support services.
The newly appointed Regional Partnerships & Development Coordinator role will be an integral part of the HALT Team, responsible for expanding and coordinating HALT’s growth and partnerships across Greater Melbourne, Victoria and beyond.
- Grow partnerships and collaborative opportunities with trades businesses, hardware stores, construction companies, health providers and other key stakeholders.
- Oversee the coordination and delivery of HALT events and outreach opportunities in the Greater Melbourne Region.
- Raise awareness and educate communities and key stakeholders across the region in mental health and suicide prevention.
- Support the evaluation activities and positive social impact of the HALT programme.
- Develop and manage contracts and partnerships with key community and business stakeholders in the region.
The successful candidate will need:
- A tertiary qualification in social sciences, management or other related field, or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- A strong belief in social change and evidence of positive leadership behaviour.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a cooperative team environment in the pursuit of organisational objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of the mental health sector with a commitment to improving the mental health of tradies and reducing suicide amongst men.
- High level strategy, business, financial management and organisational skills.
- An ability to successfully navigate a number of competing priorities in a highly productive environment.
- Experience working within a trades setting preferred, but not essential.
For more information on the position, please contact Jeremy Forbes, CEO. Phone: 0409 756 274 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Regional Partnerships & Development Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs
A full job description can be found below.