- Perinatal & Infant Mental Health Training & Development Institute – Workforce Development Program
- Are you a mental health professional looking to build your skills and gain experience in the perinatal space?
- Are you looking to work with the largest group of perinatal clinicians in Australia?
- Are you excited by the opportunity to be involved in a free perinatal training program worth over $15,000, whilst also earning an income and gaining valuable experience in the industry?
The Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Training & Development Institute has been developed by Gidget Foundation Australia (GFA) to address the nationwide shortage of specialist perinatal mental health clinicians. Due to the overwhelming success of the program, we are excited to be offering a new intake in February 2024. This is a unique opportunity to broaden your professional skillset with access to free training and supervision, while also working for GFA.
Due to increased demand for Perinatal services, Gidget Foundation Australia is currently accepting applications from Clinical Psychologists, Registered Psychologists, Accredited Mental Health Social Workers, or Mental Health Occupational Therapists to deliver psychological support to expectant and new parents, in our established Gidget House in Cowra. As part of this workforce development initiative is funded by the federal Government, we will be providing training and supervision worth over $15, 000 to clinicians at no cost!!
The service is delivered through Medicare’s Better Access initiative and the remuneration for all clinicians is therefore the affiliated Medicare Rebate. The Foundation offers:
- Client sourcing, centralised management of appointments, administrative support and service promotion
- Opportunity to develop skills and experience in perinatal mental health and early intervention
- Supervision (group and individual) and professional development opportunities worth over $15 000 at no cost to the clinician
- Flexible locations and work hours with no rental or overhead contribution
- Compulsory attendance at two half day training workshops delivered virtually.
- Commitment to seeing 5 clients a week for 12 months.
- Compulsory attendance at GFA virtual group supervision (at least once a month) and training/workshops as scheduled.
- Compulsory attendance at virtual training seminars (once/month).
- Weekly supervision with dedicated supervisor.
- Ongoing commitment to continue employment with GFA seeing a minimum of 5 clients/week for 12 months post the one-year development program.
- Demonstrated proficiency in comprehensive psychological assessment and evidence-based therapy with mental health issues.
- AHPRA registration with endorsements in psychology or accreditation as a mental health social worker or occupational therapist
- Demonstrated ability to work within a recovery-oriented model, utilising a person/family centred approach.
- Demonstrated high level communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently under approved professional supervision.
- Effective caseload management.
- At least 2 years post-registration or accreditation experience, desirable experience in child and family work, or trauma.
how to apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
Please contact Peni Bailey, Gidget Foundation Australia Gidget House and Start Talking Program Manager for further enquiries on 0438 761 329. This program will commence in February 2024.