The core focus of this role is to lead the fundraising and communications functions of the organisation to increase income, therefore helping to secure the safety and education of girls.
Based in our Siem Reap office, Cambodia.
Negotiable - 4 or 5 days per week.
ABOUT FREE TO SHINE
Free To Shine exists to prevent school-aged girls from being trafficked into the commercial sex industry in Cambodia. We achieve this by working in partnership with local communities to strengthen family and community systems to prioritise the safety and education of their children.
- Lead a small, high performing fundraising and communications team.
- Recruit additional members, when required, at the direction of the Managing Director.
- Assess grant opportunities, and apply for suitable grants.
- Manage successful grants, working with the Program Manager and the Finance and Admin Officer to ensure projects are implemented on time and in accordance with agreements.
- Report efficiently on grants using content sought from the communications assistant.
- Initially you will further establish this fundraising stream by generating tourist leads through partnerships with travel companies, and local cafes, restaurants and hotels.
- Manage bookings and enquiries.
- Oversee facilitation of AMISS workshops.
- Edit and publish written and video testimonials.
- Lead, supervise and support the AMISS facilitator.
- Ensure all written copy demonstrates best practice, is educational, inspiring, and adds value.
- Ensure all marketing material is accurate, engaging, clearly articulates what we do and has a clear next step call to action.
- Hero the branding guidelines.
- Write new content for the website as required.
- Respond to general inquiries i.e., from potential volunteers, visitors, supporters, media, and others.
- Proof read all reports and other communication sent externally, ensuring they are well structured, accurate, and appropriately referenced.
- Ensure all offline collateral, including the building/letters/banners/uniforms etc is in line with our message.
- Plan, oversee, edit and proofread quarterly and annual impact reports, and donor reports written by the Communications Assistant.
- Edit and post program blogs written by a CA, ensuring they have a clear CTA.
- Proofread Facebook posts.
- Oversee the procurement of social proof via testimonials and case studies of program beneficiaries, families, village and commune leaders, school directors and CCWCs.
- Develop the quarterly communications schedule, planning for all marketing posts including upcoming events, workshops and webinars.
- Ensure all platforms are current with a regular supply of posts, articles, testimonials and case studies procured from the team and from supporters.
- Communication with donors to ensure they experience high-quality interactions with Free To Shine that fosters long-term engagement and investment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years leadership experience
- Relevant bachelor degree i.e., marketing and communications, fundraising, partnerships
- 3 years’ experience in an International NGO
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALITIES
- A motivated professional
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to identify stakeholder needs, what they value, and how to motivate and communicate with them
- Good attention to detail
- Highly organised and efficient
- Professional, honest and reliable
- Committed to gender equity
- Committed to best practice in child protection
REMUNERATION AND CONDITIONS
- 2 year fixed-term contract
- USD $1000 per month before tax - full time / 5 days week
- 13 months salary per year
- All public holidays as specified by the government
- 18 days paid Annual Leave - full time / 5 days week
- 7 days Special Leave (which includes sick leave) - full time / 5 days week
- Local health and accident insurance
Please note: Appointment to this position will require a Criminal History Check from the applicant’s country of origin and a Blue Card/Working with Children Check; or a Police Check and a behaviour certificate issued at the commune level if already residing in Cambodia.
Free To Shine will provide supporting documents for visa and work permits.
A position description is attached.