This role plays a key part in donor relations as well as developing and implementing Free To Shine’s fundraising strategy.
The role of the Partnerships Manager is to generate income, manage a partnerships portfolio, and lead the communications team. The Partnerships Manager is responsible for securing new Business Matters partners and sponsors to meet annual income targets. This is achieved through lead generation, in person and online pitch meetings, and developing current partnerships.
Siem Reap, Cambodia.
ABOUT FREE TO SHINE
Free To Shine is an international child protection organisation (NGO) working in partnership with local communities to prevent the exploitation and trafficking of girls. We do this by strengthening family and community systems to prioritise the safety and education of their children.
- Secure 20% of the annual income through new business partnerships, sponsors, and Free To Shine’s events and campaigns.
- Work with our referral partners, and oversee the marketing of A Mile in Serey’s Shoes (AMISS) to increase the number of participants.
- Lead, supervise, and support a small Communications team.
- Secure and oversee pro-bono technical support and supervise professional Cambodia based volunteers.
- Model Free To Shine's values and associated behaviours at all times such as honesty, respect, integrity, transparency, fairness, flexibility, hard work, embracing challenges and teamwork.
- Assist with extra tasks as required by the Managing Director.
Sponsors & Business Partners (70%)
- Establish and maintain strategic funding partnerships with local hotels, ethical tour companies, cafes, and restaurants.
- Work with the Managing Director to increase the number of Business Matters partners and sponsors.
- Develop assets, tools, and systems to support Business Matters partners and sponsors.
- Utilise ActiveCampaign to manage donor pipelines and relationships with Business Matters partners, sponsors, and other key stakeholders.
- Raise our profile through hosting events and campaigns including Shine & Dine and annual International Women’s Day campaigns.
Grants & Foundations (20%)
- Gain, manage and report efficiently on in kind-donations and grants of $20k to $50k. Apply for one new grant per quarter.
- Identify new funding opportunities.
NGOs & Alliances (10%)
- Build relationships with partner organisations within 3PC Network, Family Care First REACT, ReThink Orphanages, and GoPhilanthropic.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Commitment to Free To Shine’s mission and values and ability to represent these to external stakeholders.
- Three years' experience in business, sales, or donor management.
- Previous experience in pitching, sales, and lead generation.
- Bachelor degree or higher qualification in Business, International Development or a related field.
- Strong skills in building partnerships, networking, and coordination.
- Excellent personal organisation skills and flexibility within a dynamic work environment with the ability to manage work autonomously, adjust to tasks, and re-prioritise.
- Previous experience working internationally or experience working within a cross-cultural context preferred. Candidates already located in Cambodia or South-East Asia are strongly encouraged to apply.
- 40 hours per week.
- Typically, 8 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday
- Out of hours work may be required with time in lieu.
REMUNERATION AND CONDITIONS
- Salary 1,000 USD per month after tax
- All public holidays as specified by the government plus 18 days paid Annual Leave and 7 days Special Leave (which includes sick leave)
- Local health and accident insurance
- Contract Length: 2 Years
- Please note: Appointment to this position will require a satisfactory clearance of a Criminal History Check from applicant’s country of origin or Police Check and a behaviour certificate issued at the commune level if already residing in Cambodia