Do you want to be a part of a ground-breaking service for adults with complex behaviours?
Are you values driven and compassionate with a person centred approach to your work?
Are you looking for a challenge in a work environment where each day is different, learning new skills is supported and opportunities to develop your career are offered?
At PLUS, we have always believed that with the right support, everyone can participate in society and make their contribution. Our vision is to become Australia’s leading service for adults with complex behaviours and we need an unbeatable workforce to achieve this.
WHY YOU’LL LIKE US:
- We think we have an unbeatable workforce, and so we want to recognise and support our staff. A role with Plus means you’ll have Support from a Program Manager, Assistant Manager and our experienced Behaviour Support team to learn and upskill in a way which suits you.
- Ongoing informal and formal professional development opportunities and a strong training and learning culture
- Career progression opportunities, into clinical and/or management positions and other internal broadening role
- Salary Packaging Options - increase your take home pay by salary packaging up to $15,000 of your pay
- Casual and permanent part-time positions available
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team with a fantastic workplace culture
- For-purpose work
- Shorter work days from 8.45am to 3.30pm
The role of Lead Senior Support Worker is a direct support role, working to deliver the Plus program to participants with disability on a day-to-day basis. The heart of this role is providing high-quality direct support, often of a complex nature, and assisting and empowering participants to engage in and complete their daily tasks.
Lead Senior Support Workers within the Plus Avenue setting work under general/limited supervision, within the context of well-established frameworks and processes, with support being on-hand from Team Coordinators and other managers. Lead Senior Support Workers are expected to apply the skills and knowledge they have acquired from their training and/or experience to provide an excellent quality of supports to participants at all times (including complex supports), manage their own time and work, and provide assistance to more junior staff on occasion, reflective of a collaborative and supportive work environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Direct Support
- Administration and Reporting
- Provide high-quality direct support to the person or small group of participants they are supporting through the day
- Provide complex behaviour support to participants with high/complex support needs, as well as undertake additional training and development as needed to support such participants to thrive
- Provide assistance to Support Workers in the team to help them deliver high-quality direct supports at all times
- Use a creative approach, exercise judgment and use initiative to “think outside the box” about how to deliver support to participants so they are enabled to reach their goals
- Apply the principles of active support at all times while providing direct verbal feedback to families on participants daily progress towards and goals
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A professional, positive and passionate approach to providing the highest level of support
- 2 years relevant experience in similar position
- Be energetic, ambitious and seeking to learn and grow in the role
- Possess or be willing to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Check and a Working with Children Check
- Possess or be willing to obtain Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
- Hold a NSW Drivers Licence
Over and above the extraordinary contribution to the lives of people with disability that you will be making, the benefits on offer, include:
- Salary packaging options
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team, helping to build a fantastic workplace culture
- Purpose centred work
- Ongoing professional development
PLUS is not ‘your average’ day program! So, if you are not ‘your average’ employee, we want to hear from you!
To be considered for this position please attach a cover letter outlining your suitability to the position, along with your current resume.
Find out more here: plusdisability.com.au