Are you empathetic, patient, passionate and creative? This could be the job for you!
Jigsaw is a not for profit organisation designed to break the cycle so many people with disability face – of never gaining entry to the workforce.
At Jigsaw, we believe people prepare best for work, through work and our mission is to ‘build an Australia in which people with disability are fully included in the workforce’.
At the heart of the Jigsaw model is a thriving document and data management business, providing a range of high-quality commercial services to corporate and government clients including Westpac, Coca Cola Amatil. This business enables us to provide a training pathway for people with disabilities to prepare for employment at their own pace and undertake award wage employment before transitioning to open employment.
Due to successful expansion, we are seeking experienced and energetic support workers to join our Canberra team!
Learn more here: jigsawaustralia.com.au
A Support Worker is known as a Trainer in the Jigsaw model. Trainers build professional and personal relationships with trainees based on mutual respect, enabling and empowering individuals with disabilities to reach their employment goals and feel confident in the workplace.
You will work autonomously and as part of a team to achieve agreed outcomes. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Facilitating the training of participants in transferable employment skills, by creating individualised resources and strategies to support participants to achieve their goals
- Support Participants to help achieve the business targets assigned to each team, on time and to a high-quality standard
- Develop a strong working relationship and become a mentor to individuals supported
- Provide all aspects of personal care, mealtime assistance and behavioural management to ensure everyone feels fully supported and is progressing towards their employment goals
- Deliver on any administration or reporting activities in line with NDIS standards
- Promote and role model appropriate behaviour to support Jigsaw’s culture, performance and brand
- Engage with participants using a Positive Behaviour Support approach where appropriate
We are looking for someone who can bring a wealth of experience from working in the disability sector and/ or allied health sector to Jigsaw's team. This role would also be appropriate for people with lived experience and a good understanding of disability support if they have not worked in the sector previously.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A passion for and experience with working with people with disability or in the allied health sector
- Energetic and creative individuals who think differently about assisting others to achieve employment goals
- A proactive, forward thinker, who takes initiative to solve problems
- High bandwidth for multitasking and attention to detail
- Experience in supporting challenging behaviours is desirable but not required
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Auslan experience is desirable but not required
- Empathetic and patient approach
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Possess or be willing to obtain a NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Possess or be willing to obtain a Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
- Possess or be willing to obtain a Working With Children Check
- At least 1 years experience working in the allied health and disability industry and or relevant university degree
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive casual rate
- Jigsaw employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities, meaning you can increase the value of your take-home income.
- Potential career development opportunities as the team expand interstate
- Online and face to face training as required for the role.
- A chance to be a part of a passionate, inclusive and creative team
Join Jigsaw! Help Jigsaw reshape the pathway to employment for people with disabilities!