Jigsaw is a not for profit organisation designed to break the cycle so many people with disability face — of never gaining entry to the workforce.
At Jigsaw, we believe people prepare best for work, through work and our mission is to ‘build an Australia in which people with disability are fully included in the workforce’.
At the heart of the Jigsaw model is a thriving document and data management business, providing a range of high-quality commercial services to corporate and government clients. This business enables us to provide a training pathway for people with disabilities to prepare for employment at their own pace and undertake award wage employment before transitioning to open employment.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic person to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Team Leaders are responsible for the high quality and timely completion of Jigsaw’s business contracts as well as the readiness of our Trainees/Paid Trainees before they embark on their work aspirations beyond Jigsaw.
Team Leaders supervise their assigned Trainees/Paid Trainees to deliver on monthly contracts, produce high quality work that exceeds client requirements whilst providing a positive employment experience to Trainees/Paid Trainees that will set them up for success in the mainstream workforce.
Team Leaders supervise and track the performance and development of their team in line with Jigsaw’s employment training framework.
At Jigsaw our Team Leaders work alongside Trainer Leads to supervise their assigned team of trainees, paid trainees and trainers (Support workers).
- Provide Paid Trainees and Trainees with the necessary training to fulfil Jigsaw contracts in line with pre-established processes and procedures
- Foster skill development of your team in line with individual employment goals and progression toward gaining mainstream employment
- Support & supervise the performance of your team, taking a creative approach to implementing strategies that will overcome challenges
- Provide informal communication to Paid Trainees, carers, allied health professionals and/or families
- Ensure the business tracking system is kept up to date at all times, including contract status, volume, and estimated delivery date
- Supervise assigned trainers to ensure they understand Jigsaw Digital and the work experiences activities. Providing guidance on how to address business challenges.
- Building a team culture that is reflective of the Jigsaw values
- Other ad hoc duties as required by the Business Manager as directed
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A relevant qualification in Business Services / Business Administration and / or 2 years of previous experience in supervisory or Team Lead roles
- Demonstrated experience in supervising a team
- Possess a working knowledge of occupational health and safety practices
- Experience within the document and data management industry (desirable)
- Experience in Training and Development (desirable)
- Experience working and or supporting people with disabilities (desirable)
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- A passion for (and/or experience with) working with people with disability
- High bandwidth for multi-tasking
- Natural aptitude and positive approach to leading a team
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Possess or be willing to obtain a NDIS Workers Screening Check
- Possess or be willing to obtain a WWCC
- Completion of NDIA Worker Orientation Module
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
- Possess proof of COVID 19 Vaccination or a medical exemption
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Jigsaw employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities, meaning you can increase the value of your take-home income
- 4 additional paid days of leave to allow our employees to focus on their wellness and health
- Potential career development opportunities both in Sydney and interstate as the team expands interstate
- Online and face-to-face training is required for the role.
- A chance to be a part of a passionate, creative, and inclusive team
- Access to our Employee Assistant program
JIGSAW'S VALUES ARE:
- The person is the point
- The power of yes
- We're trailblazers
- A hand up, not a hand out
- Unbeatable workforce
How to Apply
If this sounds like you please click 'Apply Now' to apply today!
To be considered for this position please include a cover letter outlining your suitability to the position, along with your current resume (including the contact details of 2 referees).