- NFP salary packaging + 4 extra days of paid leave (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team, helping to build a fantastic workplace culture
- Purpose centred work
This is your opportunity to make an extraordinary contribution to the lives of people with disability! Avenue are on the lookout for a passionate Lead Senior Support Worker to join our Botany team.
The Lead Senior Support Worker is responsible for providing high quality direct support to Avenue participants, assisting and empowering them in their daily tasks during in-centre and out-of-centre social activities.
Avenue is an innovative not-for-profit day program where people with disability are supported to complete work tasks, socialise and develop their individual skills, regardless of their support needs.
Avenue has coworking spaces in Frenchs Forest, Botany, Parramatta and Newcastle where our participants can join work teams, contribute to thriving microbusinesses and share in the profits, and exercise choice in which social events and activities they access in the community.
Our mission is to ask ‘WHAT IF?’, to see the world as it isn’t yet, to image a future quite different to the present. And then to make it happen!
Fighting Chance Values
- The person is the point
- The power of yes
- We are trailblazers
- A hand up, not a hand out
- Unbeatable workforce
Our values become the heart of our operations, systems and practices in all areas of the business. They are at the centre of what binds us together as a group.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Provide high-quality direct support to the person or small group of participants they are supporting through the day
- Provide behaviour support to participants with high/complex support needs, as well as undertake additional training and development as needed to support such participants to thrive
- Provide assistance to Support Workers in the team to help them deliver high-quality direct supports at all times
- Use a creative approach, exercise judgment and use initiative to “think outside the box” about how to deliver support to participants so they are enabled to reach their goals
- Provide high level program administration support
- Apply the principles of active support at all times while providing direct verbal feedback to families on participants daily progress towards and goals
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- Certificate IV / Diploma in Disability
- Professional, positive and passionate approach to providing the highest level of support
- Relevant experience in similar position
- Be energetic, ambitious and seeking to learn and grow in the role
- Possess or be willing to obtain Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to work in a highly dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Possess or be willing to obtain a NDIS Worker Screening Check and a Working with Children Check.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Tax-effective salary packaging opportunities, meaning you can increase the value of your take-home income.
- A chance to be a part of a passionate, creative and inclusive team
- Four wellness days per year (pro-rata for part-time employees)
How to Apply
Avenue is not ‘your average’ day program! So, if you are not ‘your average’ employee, we want to hear from you!
If this sounds like you please apply today! To be considered for this position please click "Apply Now" and submit a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position, along with your current resume.
Find out more here: https://avenuecoworking.org.au/