- Fantastic opportunity to put your writing skills to work in an organisation making a difference for people with disability.
- Convenient Frenchs Forest/Northern Beaches location.
ABOUT FIGHTING CHANCE:
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps.
Our mission is to ask ‘WHAT IF?’, to see the world as it isn’t yet, to image a future quite different to the present. And then to make it happen!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Grant & Content Writer is a broad role including grants application, management and administration, as well as writing content for use across the organisation.
The focus of this position will be:
- Grants Management and Applications
- Content Writing
- Administration and Support
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Grants Management and Applications
Manage the grants program securing significant funding (approx. $500k annually) through grants and philanthropy, including:
- Work closely with Fighting Chance’s enterprises to understand the priorities for funding.
- Research, prepare and write compelling grant applications and applications of other types (awards, in-kind etc.)
- Proactive monitoring and evaluation of the grants and awards landscape to identify opportunities.
- Manage a detailed, prioritised calendar to ensure an adequate pipeline of applications, and delegate to contributors as required.
- Professionally and warmly develop stakeholders relationships with a range of grantors and potential partners.
- Effectively manage all grant reporting requirements.
- Oversee all other aspects of grant administration including maintaining procedures, and keeping our database up to date.
- Work with Marketing & Communications and other internal stakeholders to write content for various uses, including copywriting for the Annual report and Impact reports.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A relevant qualification and/or 4+ years’ experience in a grants management role.
- Proven success in grant writing and reporting.
- Experience in a variety of writing formats across multiple channels.
- Experience in N4P, NGO or community sectors desirable.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office and GSuite.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation including peers, employees, external organisations, contractors and suppliers.
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to work in a highly dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- A passion for (and/or experience with) working with people with disability.
- A proactive work ethic and willingness to jump in, collaborate and get any job done.
- Ability to work autonomously and self-motivate.
- Possess the right to work in Australia.
- Possess a current satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate and working with children check.
- Collaborative and positive work culture.
- Flexible workplace policy.
- On-site parking.
- Purpose-centred work.