First Nations People, LGBTIQ+ people, people with disability, people of color, public housing residents or people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply.
DSS is committed to prioritising child safety and we adhere to the Reportable Conduct Scheme for organisations.
About the role
Drummond Street Services (DS) delivers responsive, intentional, and evidence-based prevention, early intervention, and treatment programs, within a public health framework. We strive to build and enhance the innate resilience of children, young people, adults, their families, and communities and to increase protective factors.
The Office Administrator – Client Receptionist provides high level reception and administration support to all members of the drummond street services team to facilitate a high level of care for our clients. Providing professional and confidential administration services to support service delivery and day-to-day functioning is key to this role.
This role is essential to ensuring the service is perceived by our clients as accessible, friendly, and welcoming while also providing support services to various clinical staff to ensure the smooth running of the service. The Receptionist is generally the first point of contact with the public. As such it is essential that they are pleasant, courteous, highly professional, and able to interact with a wide and diverse consumer group. This position will work proficiently in a fast-paced environment, and collaboratively with all drummond street services staff, including (but not limited to) intake team, allied health practitioners, Corporate Services team members and external partners and providers.
- Provide excellent customer service and people skills with the ability to build and manage key relationships across the organisation and ensuring a high level of service to clients of our services
- Excellent organisation skills and a flexible approach, including the ability to work without direct supervision, exercise initiative and act as a change agent
- Highly developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to apply these skills to a variety of stakeholders
- Deliver services in accordance with drummond street services missions and values, as described in the Strategic Plan
- Previous experience in reception and administration in a health care setting, community service organisation or similar environment will be highly regarded
- Demonstrate highly developed communication, administrative and leadership skills
- Demonstrate an ability to relate well to staff and clients, including those from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
- Bring experience and confidence in MS Office suite applications, MS Teams telephony, client information databases, email, internet, and quick adaptation to in-house intranet
- Demonstrate ability to learn and adapt to new information technology systems
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and ability to work autonomously and flexibly as well as within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Support access and equity and positive help-seeking principles
- Experience working in a reception and administration role within a similar environment
- Experience with MS Office suite applications, MS Teams telephony, client information databases, email, internet and intranet
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing work tasks and deliver to agreed deadlines
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision
- Strong customer services skills, particularly the ability to work with a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- First Nations People, LGBTIQA+ people, people with disability, people of colour, public housing residents or people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply
- Working knowledge of Medicare and other health billing systems
- Experience in the not-for-profit/non-government sector
- Experience in the mental health sector
- A broad understanding of the mental health service system in Australia
- Click Apply Now and follow the prompts.
- To discuss your application, please contact Rebecca Cooper on 03 9663 6733 or email email@example.com using the subject line: Office Administrator - Client Receptionist enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Drummond Street Services has over 130 staff over 6 locations around Melbourne and some regional settings, however most of us are working from home at the moment! We care about our staff’s wellbeing especially during this time and have a number of different wellbeing strategies in place to protect our staff’s mental health. Working for us, you will be valued, respected, supported and feel safe.
A position description is attached.