- Duration: until June 30th 2024, may be extended subject to further funding
- First Nations People and people from Culturally Diverse Communities, LGBTIQA+ people and people with disability are encouraged to apply
- Applicants who have a lived experience are encouraged to apply
- Drummond Street Services is committed to prioritising child safety and adhere to the Reportable Conduct Scheme for organisations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Drummond Street Services is working in partnership with YSAS and Odyssey to deliver the Intersectional Care Coordination Platform across the northwest region of Melbourne, funded by the North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network (NWMPHN). The Platform is based on evidence informed therapeutic process and intersectional practice aimed at increasing the engagement and improving AOD treatment outcomes for specific young people and families from diverse backgrounds and identities. Positions are available across all three organisations to join this exciting new team.
Drummond Street Services is employing three Care Coordination Practice Leads who are responsible for the implementation of the Youth AOD Intersectional Care Coordination Platform and client therapeutic process (journey). The role is pivotal to ensuring that shared care arrangements between partners are cohesive and effective in addressing the complex intersectional needs and risks associated with each case. The therapeutic process is embedded into the care pathway that includes intake-screening, assessment (whole of family and AOD specific), goals setting, the formulation and review of family and AOD treatment plans and finally planned transition from the service. The three positions will focus on three diverse communities, Pasifika communities, African communities and LGBTIQA+ and will cover the region, being based in Inner Melbourne, outer west and outer north.
A highly competitive salary package plus salary sacrifice opportunities will see you well remunerated.
The Care Coordination Practice Lead Pasifika Communities will work collaboratively with the team from YSAS and Odyssey to ensure that:
- Young people and families are provided with carefully tailored, evidenced based, intersectional interventions that address the identified needs of young people and families (this includes family counselling, support and parenting interventions), with particular focus on working with Pasifika communities.
- Dynamic risk associated with collaborative AOD treatment and Family Care Plans are identified and managed.
- Connections are built with priority Pasifika communities to deliver safer and more effective AOD service responses.
- Secondary consultation is available on specific risk issues such as family violence, mental health etc.
- Capacity building is provided to the Practitioners from the service and from partner organisations in the sector, with particular focus on working with Pasifika communities.
- Highly skilled and experienced practitioner in culturally sensitive and affirmative practice
- Expertise in AOD therapeutic interventions and strategies, and knowledge of intersectional practice
- Sound knowledge of public health approaches for culturally diverse communities
- Family-aware and inclusive practice whilst holding risk and safety as paramount
- You identify as belonging to one or more of the communities with whom Drummond Street assertively engages
All of the following must be addressed in your application to be considered.
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Youth Work, AOD or equivalent
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the AOD sector, family services sector or youth sector
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of a range of therapeutic approaches for individuals, couples, families and specifically young people from Pasifika communities impacted by AOD use
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of group programs
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs, issues and sensitivities of people from diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal, LGBTIQA+ and culturally and linguistically diverse people and communities. Use examples.
Please click 'Apply Now' to submit your application. All applications will be directed to our careers portal - AOD Care Coordinator Practice Lead - Pasifika Communities.
All applicants must include a resume with a cover letter addressing all the key selection criteria for the position.
Please contact Marie Iafeta 9663 6733 or email [email protected] using the subject line: AOD Care Coordination Practice Lead - Pasifika Communities enquiry via EthicalJobs, to discuss your application further.
A position description is attached.