- We are currently recruiting for opportunities across Sydney! (Western Sydney & Nepean, South West Sydney, Sydney, South East Sydney and Northern Sydney)
We do work that really matters
DCJ is all about keeping families together so that children thrive at home. Our first priority is always the safety, welfare and wellbeing of the children or young person.
In this role, you will respond to reports about safety concerns surrounding children or young people who may have been harmed.
What you’ll do
- Work sensitively and respectfully with parents, family members, children or young people
- Work collaboratively with other agencies and engage in complex problem solving
- Assist families in formulating goals that align with their needs, addressing safety and well-being concerns, and provide appropriate assistance through home visits
- Develop safety plans and complete risk assessments
- Manage cases and situations including working with high needs and high-risk clients and their families
- Be involved in court processes, including the preparation of court documents and attending court
- Participate in individual and group supervision
- Being a Child Protection Caseworker can be difficult. Sometimes, you may have to make tough decisions with families to help them overcome hardships in order to be able to care for their children and develop safe and loving homes.
What we’re looking for
To be a Child Protection Caseworker you need to be confident, curious and resilient. The essential requirements include:
- Preferred Completed or in your final semester of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Social Work, Social Science and Welfare along with practical experience. (If you are in your final semester of university you will not be able to commence on duty if successful until you have completed your degree)
- Other related degrees are considered, if you can demonstrate your knowledge skills and experience working with vulnerable children, young people and families
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to build positive working relationships
- A valid driver’s licence (P1 or above)
- A paid working with children clearance number
Click here to view the role description and the assessment process.
Click here to hear from our Caseworkers.
What’s in it for you?
As Australia’s top public sector employer, we offer competitive benefits and opportunities including:
- Rewarding salary from $79,032 to $109,194 plus superannuation and annual leave loading
- Opportunities to work flexibly
- 17 weeks of industry leading training in the Caseworker Development Program
- Customised career development and support for your personal and professional growth
- Generous leave entitlements including flex leave
- Positive culture for wellness including Fitness Passport, tailored health app and mental health support
Are you ready to join us?
Click apply, attach a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) as well as an up-to-date résumé (maximum 5 pages).
A Talent Pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and is valid for a period of up to 18 months. For more information visit Our Process.
If you’ve got a question about applying or require an adjustment in the recruitment process, please email us at [email protected] using the subject line: Child Protection Caseworkers - Multiple Locations enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Inclusion and Diversity lies at the heart of how we recruit.
We continue to hire great people with a wide variety of skills, experience and backgrounds. This includes people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people identifying as LGBTIQ+, culturally and linguistically diverse people, carers and other diversity groups.
To find out what DCJ are doing to build an inclusive and diverse workforce, visit our careers site.
A job pack is attached.