Occupational Health and Safety Officer
CPSU SPSF Group - Victorian Branch
CPSU SPSF Group - Victorian Branch
- Classification: Grade 4
- Salary Range: $84,020 - $95,329
- Salary is determined on level of skills and experience.
- Reports to: Team Leader / Branch Secretary
CPSU is a product of the amalgamation of the State Public Services Federation the largest union covering State Government employees in Australia, and the Public Sector Union, the former union covering Commonwealth Government employees. The Unions’ goal is to create, protect and improve conditions of public servants across Australia.
The position will join a small OH&S Team within the Union which reports through a Team Leader structure to the Branch Secretary.
The role will require the delivery of OHS training to members, as detailed in the key responsibilities, as well as provide OH&S advice and assistance to members who work in the Victorian public sector workplaces across the State
CPSU will consider applicants that have the capacity to broaden their skill set in OH&S and Training.
- Provide Staff and Officials with advice with respect to workplace health and safety legislation
- Prepare for and represent CPSU at various peak council workplace health and safety committees
- Ongoing liaison with VTHC health and safety officers and ACTU Assistant Secretary responsible for health and safety policy
- Provide advice regarding the operations of workplace health and safety regulation to the Staff and Officials
- Prepare correspondence to relevant stakeholders on behalf of CPSU Victorian Branch
- Prepare submissions to relevant government and parliamentary consultation
- Conduct briefings for Officers, Delegates and Members of CPSU on workplace health and safety laws/regulations
- Demonstrated experience in delivering training (OHS related training).
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake workplace inspections
- Drafting and conducting risk assessments
- Proven ability to organise and recruit around OH&S
- Organise and facilitate state wide groups of common operations within the membership
- Other duties as directed including, but not limited to, internal administrative tasks such as minute taking, recording activities on Membership data base, worksite visits, recording monthly reports to Victorian Branch Council and regular Bulletins to broader Membership
- Have the requisite skill and qualifications to assist in development and conduct of WorkSafe accredited HSR OH&S courses.
The selection criteria for the position are:
- Mandatory Qualification - must have Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Desirable Prerequisite - a Certificate IV in OH&S or other relevant experience
- Relevant experience in the delivery of training in an adult learning environment (applicants who have delivered OHS training will be highly regarded)
- Have been employed in a role for a minimum of 2 years where OHS was either a full-time responsibility or was a major part of that role; or the ability to demonstrate capacity to further develop OHS skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- A demonstrated ability to deliver results as per the key results areas of this position description and Evidence that the skills required by the position are held by the applicant
Other Relevant Information
- Your application should include a resume and two references
- CPSU values diversity, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages diversity in the workplace.The successful applicant will be employed pursuant to the CPSU Victorian Branch Staff Agreement
- Must have a current Victorian Drivers Licence
How to apply
This job ad has now expired, and applications are no longer being accepted.