- Location: Port Macquarie, Kempsey, South West Rocks and surrounding areas
- Are you looking for purpose in your work life?
- Do you value building relationships with real people?
- Are you looking for a rewarding role with flexible hours?
- Do you want to work in a supportive and friendly community?
Here at Community Gateway, we are seeking individuals who are committed to wellness focused care services that give each of our clients meaning and affinity to life.
Some of the benefits we offer our community support workers are:
- Participate in the Annual Bonus Scheme (eligibility criteria apply)
- On the job training and buddy shifts provided
- Reimbursement of kilometres when travelling for work
- Multiple Career Pathway Opportunities available
- Students completing certificates in Home and Community Care, Aged Care, Disabilities, or Individual support can complete placement hours while participating in paid employment.
At Community Gateway we work on the premise that, even with age, chronic illness or disability, people generally have the desire and ability, to make gains in their physical, social, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing and lead a meaningful and fulfilling life.
About the role
As a community worker your role will be providing flexible care to our clients. This flexible care can include such things as:
- Providing personal care
- Domestic duties such as cleaning and meal preparation
- Assistance with community access and recreational activities
- Transportation and social engagement
We are seeking people that are passionate, caring with a can-do attitude. Who want to make a difference in someone’s life and that are seeking a rewarding role with flexibility.
- No formal qualifications are needed (but would be highly regarded)
- Commitment to provide high quality, wellness focused care
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
The successful applicant will need (or be willing to obtain):
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Current Driver's License and access to a reliable and insured motor vehicle.
- Availability to a Smart Phone.
- Working with Children Check.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check.
How to apply:
Please apply with an updated resume.
For any enquiries about the position, please contact [email protected] using the subject line: Community Support Worker - Mid North Coast enquiry via EthicalJobs or by telephone on 1300 657 473.