We are seeking a highly motivated Team Leader to provide services to children and families within the Foster Care Program and supervise a team of Clinical Specialists.
The purpose of this position is to provide ongoing supervision, support and annual appraisal to casework staff and foster carers while overseeing the development, implementation and evaluation of all activities within the Foster Care Program. This role is responsible for ensuring all OOHC Standards are maintained for children and young people in Anglicare’s foster care placements.
The successful candidate will liaise and develop partnerships and networks with other services for client advocacy and support and improved service delivery. This is a 12-month maximum term parental leave cover contract working 4 days a week.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Ensure that carers and children/young people in care are consulted and supported with appropriate behaviour strategies and plans by providing clinical consultation to complex and high needs foster care placements. This also includes developing and reviewing behaviour support plans and safety plans, in consultation with case managers, carers and children/ young people in care.
- Ensure all documentation meets organisational, legislative and funding requirements by completing and maintaining appropriate client documentation, reporting and statistical information.
- Preparing submissions to secure relevant Government/ community grants and other assistance.
- Liaise with stakeholders and external services to achieve outcomes of safety, wellbeing and permanency for children and young people, in consultation with the Managers, other Foster Care Team Leaders and team members.
- Ensure quality practices and sound administration of the program, including carer recruitment, assessment and support, record keeping and documentation.
- Promote the physical, social, emotional, psychological and spiritual well-being of clients and staff.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed
- Tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work, welfare/community services
- Qualifications and or experience in counselling (desirable)
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence
- Previous experience leading and developing a team
- Five years’ experience in case management and or working with young people, birth families and foster families
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid NSW Driver Licence and NSW WWCC for paid employment
- Excellent remuneration package and company benefits!
- NFP salary packaging benefits - reducing your taxable income by $15,900 plus an additional $2,650 for salary packaging accommodation, meals and entertainment
- A staff rewards program that gives you discounts from over 400 retailers
- Fitness Passport.
For over 160 years Anglicare has been serving people in need - providing care to older people and services to the vulnerable. We began because of people like you, people who saw a need in the community and who were compelled to make a difference. People motivated by Christian love and a passion to serve.
If you are an experienced Team Leader with excellent report writing, problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills, we’d like to hear from you!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.