- Macedon Ranges Health, Gisborne, VIC
- Permanent, Part-Time (45.6 to 76 hours / fortnight)
- Remuneration package – up to $50 / hour, with added monthly performance bonus payments; salary packaging of $15,900 per annum
We’re looking for a Podiatrist (Grade 1 or Grade 2) to become part of our highly experienced, friendly team. The position will suit a podiatrist who has great people skills and who is available to work 5 days per fortnight (Additional hours may become available as the case load builds). You will have relevant experience providing podiatry services within a community or public health service, or a strong desire to develop your skills in a supportive community setting.
Benefits of joining our Podiatry team at Macedon Ranges Health:
A balanced, enjoyable client case load -
- A dynamic case load of friendly and appreciative clients.
- Work/life balance and flexible working arrangements including part-time hours, staggered start and finish times.
- We have a friendly and family orientated practice - Accommodative to the needs of working parents.
- We are open to development of additional clinical areas of interest or expertise.
Our team -
- Work alongside three other experienced podiatrists and be part of a supportive team.
- Full reception and intake teams to manage all referrals, bookings, payments.
- Allied health assistants to support the podiatry team with ordering and sterilisation.
- Working closely with other allied health disciplines on-site; physiotherapy, occupational therapy, dietetics, counselling, nursing.
Our facilities -
- We have an amazing, modern building, built in 2015, that is close to the main street of Gisborne.
- Large bright working spaces overlooking beautiful, leafy Gisborne. There are no small windowless clinical rooms.
- Our fully equipped clinical rooms are set up for providing nail surgery, orthotic services, vascular assessments and wound care.
- Indoor and outdoor lunch break facilities.
- On site: gym, café, chemist and GP clinic.
Extra perks that we offer -
- Generous Salary Packaging options available for mortgages, meals and entertainment costs, resulting in higher take-home pay.
- Free car parking.
- Childcare facilities within 2 minutes’ walk.
- Ongoing supported training and professional development opportunities.
Be employed by an ethical, community-focused employer -
Macedon Ranges Health (MRH), supported by Benetas, is an award winning, not-for-profit provider of primary health, community health, home care and residential aged care across Victoria's beautiful Macedon Ranges. The team at MRH is passionate and dedicated to providing our community with quality allied health, home care and social support services to assist our clients to live their best lives. We are team focused and strive for the very best outcomes for our clients whilst working in a happy and supportive environment.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Assessment, planning, provision and evaluation of podiatric treatment and care for clients.
- Providing podiatric services for clients that include consultation, health education, therapeutic management and health promotion.
- Assuming responsibility for the Foot Care Program, including supervision of the Allied Health Assistants.
- Oversee the preparation, review and maintenance of instruments and report any process issues.
- Ongoing review of the Podiatry program including monitoring of the waiting list in conjunction with the Clinical Services Manager – Community Health.
- Liaison with other service providers to assist best outcomes for clients and referring on as appropriate.
To be successful in this role, applicants will have:
- Bachelor or Master of Podiatry
- Current registration with the Podiatry Board of Australia
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
- Current National Police Clearance
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- 2023 Influenza vaccination certificate
- First Aid and CPR currency
- Experience working in community or public health podiatry services (desirable but not essential).
- Demonstrated ability to work innovatively and independently.
- Assessment, planning, evaluation skills; and experience executing best-practice treatment and care.
As a valued employee, your experience matters. Look forward to:
- Being part of a trusted team within a supportive community
- Proudly being part of a business that values Respect, Responsibility, Community, and Spirit
- Engaging in meaningful work with a strong commitment to customer experience
- A competitive salary (with salary packaging and meal & entertainment benefits)
- A dedicated L&D team and learning culture put you in the driver’s seat of your ongoing professional and personal development
Benetas is a leading not-for-profit organisation that actively works with older Victorians to live their best lives. We care about our people’s health and well-being and invest significantly in their development. Benetas is a recognised leader in Gender Equality and has obtained the Employer of Choice citation consecutively since 2006.
The Podiatry Service at Macedon Ranges Health is jointly funded by the Victorian Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC-PYP), the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), Medicare CDM and via privately referred clients. We focus upon restoring, and maintaining people's independence, improving function and wellbeing, to support people to remain living at home.
Keen to join us?
We respect and value differences and encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to apply. To view the position description and to submit your application, please click Apply Now!
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
All applicants must have valid working rights in Australia, and the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks, which include a National Police Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check. All employees are required to be immunised with the Influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations.