- Macedon Ranges Health, Gisborne, VIC
- Full-time, Permanent – 76 hours per fortnight
- Competitive Remuneration package with added monthly performance bonus payments; salary packaging of $15,900 per annum
What you do matters
Are you looking for a job that truly makes a difference in the lives of others? Join Benetas and be a part of our mission to help older Victorians live their best lives.
We’re looking for a Physiotherapist to become part of our highly experienced, friendly team including other physios and a suite of allied health professionals. The position will suit a Physiotherapist with good people skills who enjoys improving the wellbeing of our community members. Someone who thrives in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment. You will have relevant experience providing physiotherapy services within a community, public health service, or private practice environment and have a strong desire to develop your skills in a supportive community setting.
A typical day will have you:
- Assess, plan, provide and evaluate physiotherapy treatment and client care.
- Liaise and develop strong working relationships with other service providers in relation to individual client and group needs, both within the Macedon Ranges Health and with external service providers
- Participate in developing and maintaining community exercise programs
- Work with and offer clinical support and supervision to allied health assistants
- Ensure the physiotherapy services are delivered appropriately, ethically and are reflective of the evidence base
- Demonstrate ability to identify, plan and implement new physiotherapy service strategies
- Demonstrate innovation and flexibility in approach to service delivery
- Ensure culturally and linguistically diverse and disadvantaged clients receive equitable access to services
- Commit to continuous quality improvement and professional development
- Ongoing review of the Physiotherapy program includes monitoring the waiting list in conjunction with the other physiotherapist(s) and the Clinical Manager – Community Health
- Completing all documentation as required by the role and funding submissions as required
We’re looking for someone with:
- Master or Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Current registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia
- Assessment, planning, evaluation skills, and experience providing best-practice treatment and care.
- Experience in working with and offering clinical support and supervision to allied health assistants
- Evidence of innovation and flexibility in approach to service delivery
- Evidence of ability to develop strong working relationships with a range of people, both internal and external to the organisation
- Evidence of commitment to continuous quality improvement and professional development
- Experience in the provision of Clinical Pilates (desirable)
- Hold a postgraduate qualification in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (desirable)
- Current Victorian Car Drivers Licence
Why work with our Physiotherapy Team at Macedon Ranges Health?
A balanced, enjoyable client caseload
- A dynamic caseload of mostly health-conscious and motivated clients
- The caseload includes people who have musculoskeletal, post-operative orthopaedic, balance deficits and neurological disorders
- Clients from a variety of age groups
- 60 minutes are allocated for new client consultations to allow a thorough assessment and sufficient time for documentation
- Work/life balance and flexible working arrangements, including part-time hours, staggered start and finish times
- We have a friendly and family-orientated practice - accommodating working parents' needs
- We are open to developing additional clinical areas of interest or expertise
- Work alongside an experienced musculoskeletal physiotherapist, three allied health assistants and a broader supportive team of allied health professionals
- Full reception and intake teams to manage all referrals, bookings, payments
- Allied health assistants to support the provision of a range of rehabilitative group programs, including Strength For Life, Keeping Your Balance, and a warm water program
- Working closely with other allied health disciplines on-site; occupational therapy, podiatry, counselling, nursing
- We have a purpose-built, modern building, built in 2015, that is close to the main street of Gisborn
- Our facility has two large well-equipped gyms to facilitate individual and group training, including Pilates equipment
- Large bright working spaces overlooking beautiful, leafy Gisborne
- Our well-equipped clinical rooms are set up for providing individual treatment in a private environment
- Indoor and outdoor lunch break facilities
- Café, chemist and GP clinic
Extra perks that we offer
- Not-for-profit salary packaging for $15,800 per year for general bills and expenses, plus an additional $2,500 for meals and entertainment - offering you more take-home pay with less tax!
- Free car parking
- Childcare facilities within 2 minute's walk
- Ongoing supported training and professional development opportunities
Be employed by an ethical, community-focused employer
Macedon Ranges Health (MRH), supported by Benetas, is an award-winning, not-for-profit provider of primary health, community health, home care and residential aged care across Victoria's beautiful Macedon Ranges. The team at MRH is passionate and dedicated to providing our community with quality allied health, health promotion and social support services to assist our clients to live their best lives. We are team focused and strive for the very best outcomes for our clients whilst working in a happy and supportive environment.
Interested in applying:
We are proud to provide an inclusive workplace - with a diverse workforce that reflects the client base. We respect and value differences and encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to apply. Click apply now or call Sarah Fair on 035428 0300 for a confidential discussion.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
The successful candidate will need to undertake a police check / NDIS Worker Screening Clearance, provide proof of immunisations for 3x COVID and a 2023 flu, and provide proof of valid rights to live and work in Australia. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this stage.
What do we do? We care – in a big way!
We make a difference - We have cared for older Victorians for over 70 years, providing safe and supportive services that cater for all.
Benetas is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to actively working with older Victorians, their friends and carers through a range of residential aged care, primary care and in-home services – all across Victoria. By working with our values in mind – Respect, Responsibility, Community, and Spirit, we are able to care for and celebrate every client and resident for being the incredible individual that they are. Not only do we celebrate our residents, but we celebrate each other.
Have a meaningful career with Benetas where the work that you do will really matter. Should you apply? It is a yes from us!