- Macedon Ranges Health, Gisborne, VIC
- Full time, Permanent – 76 hours per fortnight
- Competitive Remuneration package with added monthly performance bonus payments; salary packaging of $15,900 per annum
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist to become part of our highly experienced, friendly team including other physios and a suite of allied health professionals. The position will suit an Occupational Therapist with good people skills who enjoys improving the wellbeing of our community members. Someone who thrives in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment. You will have relevant experience providing physiotherapy services within a community, public health service, or private practice environment and have a strong desire to develop your skills in a supportive community setting.
Benefits of joining our Occupational Therapy Team at Macedon Ranges Health:
A balanced, enjoyable client case load
- A dynamic case load of mostly motivated clients.
- The case load includes people who have musculoskeletal, post-operative orthopaedic, balance deficits, neurological disorders and general ageing at home clients.
- Work/life balance and flexible working arrangements including staggered start and finish times.
- We have a friendly and family orientated practice - Accommodative to the needs of working parents.
- We are open to the development of additional clinical areas of interest or expertise.
- Full reception and intake teams to manage all referrals, bookings and payments.
- Working closely with other allied health disciplines on-site; physiotherapy, podiatry, dietetics, counselling and nursing.
- We have a purpose-built, modern building, built in 2015, that is close to the main street of Gisborn
- Our facility has two large well-equipped gyms to facilitate individual and group training, including Pilates equipment
- Large bright working spaces overlooking beautiful, leafy Gisborne
- Our well-equipped clinical rooms are set up for providing individual treatment in a private environment
- Indoor and outdoor lunch break facilities
- Café, chemist and GP clinic
Extra perks that we offer
- Generous salary packaging options available for mortgages, meals and entertainment costs - resulting in higher take-home pay.
- Free car parking.
- Childcare facilities within 2 minutes’ walk.
- Ongoing supported training and professional development opportunities.
Be employed by an ethical, community-focused employer
Macedon Ranges Health (MRH), supported by Benetas, is an award winning, not-for-profit provider of primary health, community health, home care and residential aged care across Victoria's beautiful Macedon Ranges. The team at MRH is passionate and dedicated to providing our community with quality allied health, health promotion and social support services to assist our clients to live their best lives. We are team focused and strive for the very best outcomes for our clients whilst working in a happy and supportive environment.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure the occupational therapy services are delivered appropriately, ethically and are evidenced based
- Undertake individual assessments, and review of clients initially and as required.
- Provide client centred, goal directed care working collaboratively with the client and their carers to achieve measurable outcomes.
- Assess, trial and arrange the provision of assistive technology, equipment, modification and supports in line with the client’s goals.
- Coordinate the provision and installation of this assistive technology.
- Support the provision and modification of this assistive technology by working with external agencies to seek funding and support.
- Complete funding applications, providing clinical evidence and reasoned decision making.
To be successful in this role, applicants will have:
- Master or Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Current Registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia
- Assessment, planning, evaluation skills; and experience providing best-practice treatment and care.
- Evidence of innovation and flexibility in approach to service delivery
- Evidence of ability to develop strong working relationships with a range of people both internal and external to the organisation.
- Evidence of commitment to continuous quality improvement and professional development.
- Current Victorian Car Drivers Licence
As a valued employee, your experience matters. Look forward to:
- Being part of a trusted team, within a supportive community
- Proudly being part of a business that values Respect, Responsibility, Community, and Spirit
- Engaging in meaningful work with a strong commitment to customer experience
- A competitive salary (with salary packaging and meal & entertainment benefits)
- A dedicated Learning and Development Team and being part of a learning culture
About Macedon Ranges Health and Benetas
Macedon Ranges Health (MRH), with our centre in Gisborne is an established provider of primary health care, community health, home care and residential aged care across the Macedon Ranges. A medical general practice and specialist centre is also housed in the MRH complex. The organisation amalgamated with Benetas in 2018.
Benetas is a leading not-for-profit organisation that actively works with older Victorians to live their best lives. We care about our people’s health and well-being and invest significantly in their development. Benetas is a recognised leader in Gender Equality and has obtained the Employer of Choice citation consecutively since 2006.
The Occupational Therapy Service at Macedon Ranges Health works with clients across a variety of funding sources including Community Health, Home and Community Care Program, Commonwealth Home Support Programme (My Aged Care) and Post-Acute Care.
Keen to join us?
We respect and value differences and encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to apply. To view the position description and to submit your application, please click Apply Now!
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
All applicants must have valid working rights in Australia, and the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks, which include a National Police Check and NDIS Worker Screening. All employees are required to be immunised with the Influenza vaccine.