- Macedon Ranges Health, Gisborne, VIC
- 0.8 FTE, Permanent – 60.8 hours per fortnight
What you do matters
Are you looking for a job that truly makes a difference in the lives of others? Join Benetas and be a part of our mission to help older Victorians live their best lives.
We're looking for a Health Promotion Coordinator to become part of our highly experienced, friendly team. The position will suit a health promotion professional with great people skills, who enjoys improving the wellbeing of younger and older people, and who thrives in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment. You will have relevant experience planning, implementing and evaluating health promotion programs and activities.
A typical day will have you:
- Coordinate, implement, monitor, evaluate and renew the Macedon Ranges Health - Health Promotion Plan in line with the Department of Health's strategic and operational requirements.
- Lead and develop the Health Promotion Team. Management support and assistance are provided for the Health Promotion Coordinator and the Health Promotion Team by the MRH Clinical Services Manager.
- Provide leadership and management support for the Social Support Program (SSP) and contribute to and support the SSP Team. Assist the SSP Team in developing and facilitating the delivery of the Program, which aims to improve the connectedness and wellbeing of members of our community.
- Network and liaise with other community health agencies and key organisations regarding Health Promotion direction and potential partnerships.
- Contribute to and maintain prevention partnerships for successful place-based prevention activities, including engagement in local committees.
- Identify health promotion funding/grant opportunities and develop submissions in consultation with the MRH Clinical Services Manager and the Regional Business Manager.
- Financial planning, oversight, and acquittal responsibilities regarding the funding of the Macedon Ranges Health – Health Promotion Program, as assisted / in consultation with MRH Clinical Services Manager and Benetas Finance Officers.
- Maintain and develop Macedon Ranges Health's social media presence, assisted by the MRH Clinical Services Manager and Benetas Communications Team.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field, e.g. Health Promotion; or a clinical health professional discipline; or a social health discipline.
- Membership of the Australian Health Promotion Association (Desirable)
- Experience in program planning, program development, implementation and evaluation
- Demonstrated skills in supervising, developing and supporting staff working in Health Promotion teams
- People management and financial management experience
- Demonstrated capabilities in collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in motivating, empowering and facilitating groups
- Experience working in a community health or community-based setting, having developed an in-depth understanding of the principles of community health (Desirable)
- Project management experience (Desirable)
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Current National Police Clearance
- Current Victorian Car Drivers Licence
- 2023 Influenza vaccination certificate
Benefits of joining our Health Promotion Team at Macedon Ranges Health:
An enjoyable role with a balanced workload
- A range of new and ongoing health promotion initiatives for you to drive and coordinate for the benefit of the Macedon Ranges community.
- Develop, plan and implement new health promotion initiatives based on the body of knowledge developed to allow us to be responsive to our community needs.
- Enjoy the benefits of a supportive management team as you lead the Health Promotion and Social Support Program teams.
- Work/life balance and flexible working arrangements, including part-time hours, staggered start and finish times.
- We have a friendly and family-orientated service - accommodating to working parents' needs.
- We are open to developing additional health promotion areas of interest or expertise.
- Work alongside an experienced dietician, community health nurse, social worker, musculoskeletal physiotherapist, and a broader supportive team of allied health professionals.
- Full administrative and reception team to field client enquiries and to support planned health promotion activities.
- Allied health assistants to support the provision of a range of rehabilitative group programs, including Strength For Life and a warm water program.
- We have a purpose-built, modern building, built in 2015, that is close to the main street of Gisborne.
- Large bright working spaces overlooking beautiful, leafy Gisborne.
- Our facility has two large well-equipped gyms to facilitate individual and group sessions.
- Indoor and outdoor lunch break facilities.
- On-site: gym, café, chemist and GP clinic.
Extra perks that we offer
- Generous Salary Packaging options are available for mortgages, meals and entertainment costs - resulting in higher take-home pay.
- Free car parking.
- Childcare facilities are within a 2-minute walk.
- Ongoing supported training and professional development opportunities.
Be employed by an ethical, community-focused employer
Macedon Ranges Health (MRH), supported by Benetas, is an award-winning, not-for-profit provider of primary health, community health, home care and residential aged care across Victoria's beautiful Macedon Ranges. The team at MRH is passionate and dedicated to providing our community with quality allied health, health promotion and social support services to assist our clients to live their best lives. We are team focused and strive for the best outcomes for our clients while working in a happy and supportive environment.
Interested in applying:
We are proud to provide an inclusive workplace - with a diverse workforce that reflects the client base. We respect and value differences and encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to apply. Click apply now or call Sarah Fair on 03 5428 0300 for a confidential discussion.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
The successful candidate will need to undertake a police check / NDIS Worker Screening Clearance, provide proof of immunisations for 3x COVID and a 2023 flu, and provide proof of valid rights to live and work in Australia. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this stage.
What do we do? We care – in a big way!
We make a difference - We have cared for older Victorians for over 70 years, providing safe and supportive services that cater to all.
Benetas is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to actively working with older Victorians, their friends and carers through a range of residential aged care, primary care and in-home services – all across Victoria. By working with our values in mind – Respect, Responsibility, Community, and Spirit- we can care for and celebrate every client and resident for being incredible individuals. Not only do we celebrate our residents, but we celebrate each other.
Have a meaningful career with Benetas, where your work will really matter. Should you apply? It is a yes from us!