- Macedon Ranges Health, Gisborne, VIC
- Part time, Permanent – 68.4 hours per fortnight
- Remuneration package – up to $50 / hour, with added monthly performance bonus payments; salary packaging of $15,900 per annum
We’re looking for a Counsellor to become part of our highly experienced, friendly team. The position will suit a Counsellor who has great communication skills, who enjoys improving the wellbeing of people, and who thrives in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment. You will have relevant experience providing counselling services within a community or public health service, or in private practice and have a strong desire to develop your skills in a supportive community setting.
Benefits of joining our team at Macedon Ranges Health:
A balanced, enjoyable client case load -
- A dynamic case load of diverse clients.
- Work/life balance and flexible working arrangements including part-time hours, staggered start and finish times.
- We have a friendly and family orientated practice - Accommodative to the needs of working parents.
- We are open to development of additional clinical areas of interest or expertise.
Our team -
- Full reception and intake teams to manage all referrals, bookings, payments.
- Working closely with other allied health disciplines on-site; occupational therapy, podiatry, physiotherapy, dietetics and nursing.
Our facilities -
- We have a purpose built, modern building, built in 2015 with the main street of Gisborne nearby.
- Large bright working spaces overlooking beautiful, leafy Gisborne.
- Our well-equipped clinical rooms are set up for providing individual treatment in a private environment.
- Indoor and outdoor lunch break facilities.
- On site: gym, café, chemist and GP clinic.
Extra perks that we offer -
- Generous Salary Packaging options available for mortgages, meals and entertainment costs - resulting in higher take-home pay.
- Free car parking.
- Childcare facilities within 2 minutes’ walk.
- Ongoing supported training and professional development opportunities.
Be employed by an ethical, community-focused employer -
Macedon Ranges Health (MRH), supported by Benetas, is an award winning, not-for-profit provider of primary and community health services, located in the heart of Gisborne. The team at MRH is passionate and dedicated to providing our community with quality allied health, health promotion and social support services to assist our clients to live their best lives. We are team focused and strive for the very best outcomes for our clients whilst working in a happy and supportive environment.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Provide professional and personalised counselling services for people of a wide range of backgrounds, who require counselling services for support relating to anxiety, depression, grief, trauma, addiction.
- Assessment, planning, provision and evaluation of counselling service for clients.
- Contribute to the planning and provision of community health –health promotion initiatives, relevant to the provision of counselling services.
- Ensure the counselling service is delivered appropriately, ethically and is evidence based.
- Demonstrate innovation and flexibility in approach to service delivery.
- Ongoing review, including monitoring of the waiting list in conjunction with the Clinical Manager – Community Health.
- Completing all documentation as required by the role and funding submissions as required.
To be successful in this role, applicants will have:
- A tertiary qualification relevant to counselling (e.g., psychology, social work and/or related social sciences).
- Registration through peak discipline-specific regulatory agency, with either Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency or with the National Alliance of Self Regulating Health Professions.
- Evidence of ability to develop strong working relationships with a range of people both internal and external to the organisation
- Evidence of commitment to continuous quality improvement and professional development.
- Current National Police Clearance
- Current Victorian Car Drivers Licence
- 2023 Influenza vaccination certificate
As a valued employee, your experience matters. Look forward to:
- Being part of a trusted team, within a supportive community
- Proudly being part of a business that values Respect, Responsibility, Community, and Spirit
- Engaging in meaningful work with a strong commitment to customer experience
- A competitive salary (with salary packaging and meal & entertainment benefits)
- A dedicated Learning and Development Team and being part of a learning culture.
About Macedon Ranges Health and Benetas
Macedon Ranges Health (MRH), supported by Benetas, is an award winning, not-for-profit provider of primary and community health services, located in the heart of Gisborne. A medical general practice and specialist centre is also housed in the MRH complex. The organisation amalgamated with Benetas in 2018.
Benetas is a leading not-for-profit organisation that actively works with older Victorians to live their best lives. We care about our people’s health and well-being and invest significantly in their development. Benetas is a recognised leader in Gender Equality and has obtained the Employer of Choice citation consecutively since 2006.
The Counselling Service at Macedon Ranges Health works with clients across a variety of funding sources including Community Health, ATAPs, Medicare CDM and for people who are privately funded.
Keen to join us?
We respect and value differences and encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to apply. To view the position description and to submit your application, please click Apply Now!
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
All applicants must have valid working rights in Australia, and the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks, which include a National Police Check. All employees are required to be immunised with the Influenza vaccine.