- Lead on the implementation of Direct Marketing activities relating to the renewal and retention of donors through channels such as Direct Mail, Email Marketing, Digital, SMS and Social Media with this inspiring children’s charity.
- End to end project management, development, and execution of Direct Marketing appeals
- Play a pivotal role in shaping the supporter journeys for cash and RG donors
- Flexible on location and can be based remotely across Australia, or from the Sydney office
About the role
The Direct Marketing Manager plays a key role in the strategy and implementation of a sophisticated and robust multi-channel Direct Marketing program.
The position is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of direct marketing fundraising activities relating to the renewal and retention of cash donors and regular givers.
Managing appeals and direct marketing campaigns from beginning to end, this position plays a pivotal role in implementing, executing, and evaluating best practice, integrated, multi-channel renewal, and retention strategies, appeals and campaigns to reach ambitious Individual Giving income targets.
Coordinating a large team of internal stakeholders and external third parties, this hands-on role will coordinate activity across several key channels.
- Work on all Direct Marketing activity including appeals, campaigns, Regular Giving retention pieces, donor thankyou’s and other identified renewal or retaining activity
- Manage timelines for campaigns to ensure programs are executed on time and internal and external stakeholders are informed of deadlines
- Act as the first point of contact for key partners, suppliers, agencies and internal teams including briefings, proofing campaign assets, results monitoring and reporting
- Produce and deliver clear campaign briefs for internal and external teams across data and planning, creative, print, digital, communications, case studies, production and fulfilment
- Project management of campaigns from brief through to post campaign analysis
- Utilise Raiser’s Edge PowerBI to track, evaluate and report on direct marketing activity
- Assist with the day-to-day financial management of appeals, campaigns, retention and renewal activity and reconciliation of income and imports according to budget
- Manage the Direct Marketing income and expenditure budget, producing financial reports and monitoring income
- Assist with the development of the supporter journey process, including thanking, and manage the execution of on-going supporter-focused communications
- Work with Marketing and Brand, Communications and Digital Marketing teams to ensure integration of all online and traditional components to support activity for donor renewal and retention
- Work with the Donor Services team to ensure quality control on all donation processing and receipting relating to retention
Experience & Skills
- Strong experience working in a multi-channel Direct Marketing role having gained a solid understanding of direct marketing processes
- Ability and experience developing renewal and retention direct marketing strategies
- Strong end to end campaign management experience
- Ability to manipulate and analyse data
- Experience of reporting financial information
- Experience of working with MS Office, specifically Excel
- Highly organised with exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong eye for detail and commitment to quality
- Ability to multitask and handle high volume of work
- Knowledge and passion for developing best practice fundraising copywriting
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role, therefore please direct all general enquiries to Rosheen Singh at Beaumont People on email@example.com using the subject line: Direct Marketing Manager - Retention & Renewal - Flexible Location enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Applicants can apply via the APPLY NOW button below.
At Beaumont People we believe a diverse workplace is a happy workplace, and we love working with organisations that feel the same way. We encourage applications from people of all different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from CALD backgrounds and people with disabilities. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or parental status. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to be made for your application to be assessed we would be more than happy to discuss how that can be arranged.