About the role
The Fitness Instructor & Customer Service Officer delivers fitness and recreation programs in the gym for all ages. As part of the Community & Recreation team you support the busy community centre reception with highly developed customer service skills.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
In this position, you will be able to undertake the following and other associated duties:
- Design and development of fitness and recreational programs to meet the community needs.
- Set up and pack down activities inc maintaining equipment and assets.
- Working with Reception staff to create a high level of customer service through registration and sign in of participants.
- Deliver high quality programs to participants with a focus on creating a safe, inclusive, friendly and engaging environment.
- Identify, report and respond to hazards or incidents within the centre, particularly the Sports hall and Gym.
- Work with the marketing team to promote and grow program participation.
- As required, support CRCS and the Community Centre to create an inclusive, connected community, by taking initiative and supporting the organisation with any additional and relevant tasks as directed by their supervisor.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Minimum Cert 4 in Fitness and 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- First Aid Certificate
- Knowledge and commitment to the CRCS Vision, Purpose, Values and Strategic Goals.
- Possess the personal attributes of optimism, resilience and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver engaging fitness programs with a range of audiences.
- High level organisational skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Upholds the principles of cultural diversity and inclusion
- Holds a current Driver’s Licence and have access to a roadworthy, registered and comprehensively insured vehicle for work purposes.
- Qualifications in delivering Yoga classes are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of CRCS and other service providers within ACT.
- High level knowledge of the community sector.
For the full copy of the position description, please click on this link.
CRCS also requires all employees to:
- Hold or be willing to obtain a satisfactory Working with Vulnerable People registration (ACT) and/or a Working with Children Check (NSW), and have these with them at all times whilst employed by CRCS.
- Undertake a National Criminal History Clearance by CRCS prior to commencing and every three years thereafter as a condition of employment. Employees are required to advise CRCS of any convictions that may affect their eligibility to work or perform the inherent requirements of their position.
- Maintain full COVID-19 vaccination currency and provide evidence of their vaccinations to CRCS (sensitive information is kept private and in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles) unless they are able to provide suitable evidence of a medical contraindication that prevents them from receiving this vaccine.
We are a supportive and inclusive workplace with excellent conditions, including:
- Discounted early education and care program services and gym membership
- 15 days personal leave (pro rata) and 17.5% annual leave loading
- Access to salary packaging up to $15,900 (increase you take home pay!)
- Up to 3 additional leave days between Christmas and New Year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Commitment to supporting your professional development.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- We encourage applications from all backgrounds. These include, but are not limited to:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Mature age people
- People with lived experience of disability
Capital Region Community Services (CRCS) provides a wide range of high quality, integrated and inclusive programs and services to individuals, families, children and young people in the Belconnen and wider Capital Region.
CRCS works with community members, local organisations and businesses to develop responsive programs, services and activities that support self determination and reduce social isolation.
Strong relationships with government and other community services enhance CRCS’s capacity to achieve our vision of an inclusive, connected community.
A position description is attached.