Context Statement: Batchelor Institute is the only First Nations dual sector tertiary education provider in Australia. The Institute is uniquely positioned to recognise multiple ways of being, doing and knowing in the world. The Institute recognises the Sovereignty of multiple Nations and privilege the positioning of First Nations peoples as knowledge holders in all educational transactions with Western knowledge systems. To play a key role in understanding the Council’s vision to enlist First Nation’s perspectives, philosophies and practices in all learning and teaching and operations of the Institute.
Primary Objective: This position is responsible for making a significant contribution to the administrative processes within the VET division, particularly in the areas of finance, staff travel and supporting Lecturers in a positive way through proactive participation, multi-skilling, and interpersonal skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor shared email inbox, responding to enquiries and actioning tasks from students, lecturers and other stakeholders in a timely and professional manner.
- Order and receive good and services in accordance with approved procedures using Batchelor Institute systems.
- Support activities for VET Teaching teams, including assistance with the production and storage of course and unit materials, population of templates, print materials.
- Assist lecturing staff with reverse block and core travel using the TRIPS system and the CTM Online Portal.
- Use of Student Management system to identify relevant client cohorts related to student progression and recognition of prior studies.
- Participate in identified training development.
- Maintain administrative functions and processes that support the VET Division.
- Contribute to the introduction of new administrative functions as required.
- Respond to verbal and written requests from internal and external clients.
- Take minutes of meetings, if required.
Selection Criteria – Essential
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in culturally diverse teams within the social, political, and cultural environments of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families, communities, and organisations.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Business Administration (Certificate III or above) or demonstrated significant experience at the same level.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to maintain collaborative relationships with a wide range of internal and external clients and stakeholders in an environment requiring cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated experience in the application and usage of relevant Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Possess a Current criminal history check or the ability to obtain one.
- Possess a current NT OCHRE Card or the ability to obtain one.
- Understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and practices, and ability to comply with Institute WHS Policies and Procedures.
Selection Criteria – Desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience working within the Vocational Education and Training sector.
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of the Institute’s structure, functions, and objectives.
- Applicants must provide at least one Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander referee.
- Copies of qualifications must be submitted.
- Applicants must have an Ochre Card and a current Police Check and/or the ability to obtain these prior to commencement.
- The COVID-19 Safety Management Plan and other COVID-19 related information Policy and Procedure require all Batchelor Institute workers to have had a third COVID-19 vaccination. Temporary or permanent exemptions apply in certain circumstances.
- Applicants must be able and willing to undertake travel throughout the NT and Interstate (sometimes as a light aircraft passenger) and possess a C class Driver’s Licence.
How to apply:
Your application should consist of:
- A completed application lodgement form, available from our website.
- Responses to the selection criteria.
- A resume.
- A position description is attached.
Should you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Ms Katrina McGarvie by email at [email protected], using the subject line: VET Administration Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs, or phone 8939 7393.
To apply for this role, please visit the Recruitment page, via the Apply Now link.