- Nurse Unit Manager
- Residential Aged Care
- Abbey Gardens Community – Warragul 3820
At Baptcare, we care. Our Mission and Vision are lived through our WE CARE Values: for our residents, customers, clients, partners, and supporters; with the very young through to the very old, the vulnerable, with families through all of life’s stages and challenges.
Baptcare is a purpose-driven organisation working across Victoria, Tasmania, and South Australia, providing residential and community care for older people and support to children, families, people with disability, financially disadvantaged people and people seeking asylum.
Our Values are Wellbeing, Ethics, Co-creating, Accountability, Respect and Effectiveness.
About the Role
We are seeking two diligent and proactive Nurse Unit Managers (NUM) to join the team at our Abbey Gardens Community located in Warragul, Victoria on a full-time ongoing basis. One will commence from 7 am to 3:06 pm, and the other will begin from 9 am to 5:06 pm.
This role will be part of the facility's Senior Management Team and will be expected to ensure that all staff deliver high quality care according to the Aged Care Standards and that the delivery of this care meets the needs of the residents and all requirements within Baptcare's policies and procedures.
- Ensure clinical care is delivered to all consumers as per scope of each staff member’s practice & AHPRA guidelines and ensures full clinical compliance with care according to the New Aged Care Standards.
- Ensures care reflects current best practice guidelines & respects the individual consumer’s needs & preferences with dignity.
- Ensures all staff are aware of - and adhere to - Baptcare policies & procedures as framework for provision of high-quality care
- Ensure staff has appropriate equipment & training to provide care. If not, can proactively alert site Manager to action.
- Ensures all staff (casual & permanent) are clear on documentation requirements & ensure clear, consistent & compliant records are maintained for their area.
- Contribute to the service being welcoming to all consumers
- Attend site meetings & mandatory staff training as required or directed by site Manager. Encourage & facilitate educational development of the team – ensure own awareness of educational options & communicate same regularly.
- Liaise with both internal & external customers (consumers, families, contractors & visitors) in a compassionate, helpful manner that best reflects the Baptcare Mission & Vision statement.
- Ensures all required reporting (risk, audits, reviews) are completed as per schedules & ensures appropriate reporting & action if results under expected limits.
- Manages Aged Care funding assessments & ensures full completion of required documentation within required time frames. Monitors Resident health status in a comprehensive, regular manner to ensure any options for ACFI re-assessment are initiated.
You are passionate about continuing to grow your careers within the Aged Care industry. Solution focused and wanting to make a difference, you align your approach to strategise for achieving organisational and divisional goals. You are an employee that instils trust in your clients by demonstrating compassion and diligence.
Working as a leader a part of a close-knit team, you collaborate with and support others, demonstrating respect in your day-to-day actions.
You will ideally bring the following:
- Current registration with AHPRA as a RN Division 1 (essential)
- Recent position in clinical aged care management (a minimum of 2 years)
- Current Flu vaccination and Covid Vaccination record
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to supervise and motivate staff and work collaboratively within a team
- Liaising with residents, families, GP's and allied health
- Contemporary understanding and working knowledge of a continuous improvement framework/system
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to work co-operatively as a member of the Residential Services Management Team to achieve goals
- Demonstrate a commitment to best practice in aged care, maintaining an optimal level of dignity, comfort, and quality of life for care recipients living in our aged care facilities
Baptcare is focused on living our values, not just talking about them. You’ll find the culture at Baptcare is one of genuine respect, support, and positive intention. We work hard to achieve results through change, continuous improvement, and ongoing focus on providing the best service delivery to our stakeholders.
Further, the successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary, plus access to the tax benefits of salary packaging and novated leasing.
- Opportunity to work in your local community within a friendly and supportive team.
- Be part of an organisation and a team that is driven to make a difference to the lives of our vulnerable community members.
How to Apply
Click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo a National Criminal History check.
- Must have had or be willing to get a Flu vaccination and COVID vaccination
If you require support with the application process, please contact [email protected] using the subject line: Nurse Unit Managers x2 - Warragul enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Baptcare is committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role, and supporting diversity. We welcome applicants who may require adjustments.
Baptcare is dedicated to the safety, empowerment and participation of all children. We have zero tolerance of child abuse and are committed to a thoughtful, protective environment that supports infants, children and young people to feel safe and respected.