- Family Services Practitioner - Targeted Youth Support Service
- Part-time – 5 months Contract
- Glenorchy, TAS
About the Organisation:
At Baptcare, we care. Our Mission and Vision are lived through our WE CARE Values: for our residents, customers, clients, partners, and supporters; with the very young through to the very old, the vulnerable, with families through all of life’s stages and challenges.
Baptcare is a purpose driven organisation working across Victoria, Tasmania, and South Australia. Focused on providing residential and community care for older people and support to children, families, and people with disability, financially disadvantaged people and people seeking asylum.
Our Values are Wellbeing, Ethics, Co-creating, Accountability, Respect and Effectiveness.
About the Role:
The primary purpose of the Family Services Practitioner is to support vulnerable children, young people, their families, and carers in working across a range of programs, and providing support within a managed case-plan. Practitioners are focused on working with parents, children, young people, and carers to promote the best interests of the child/children to ensure their safety and development.
This position requires comprehensive parenting assessment and case management capability together with strong interpersonal skills and relevant experience. The Family Services Practitioner provides individual family support complemented by group work and strategies to engage families with their communities.
- Management of case work and co-ordination of supports for vulnerable families/child(ren)/young people/carers
- Development and implementation of family and children centered case plans with families/child(ren)/young people
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other service providers
- Operate within Baptcare Policies and Procedures within a continuous improvement framework
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Commitment to the safety, well-being and best interests of children and young people, and to the duty of care in the prevention and identification of, and response to, child abuse
- Commitment to the special needs of children and vulnerable people with a disability; from a culturally or linguistically diverse background; and/or from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait islander background
- Workplace Health & Safety Responsibilities
- The provision of short-term assessment and support for grandparents and other relatives who are adapting to their new role as carer, are in transition, or experiencing crisis
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment by sharing information, skills, supporting colleagues and respecting differences, as well as an understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity within the community.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children and with vulnerable people
- Delivery of evidence-based practices, group work and programs adhering to appropriate levels of fidelity
You are passionate about continuing to grow your career in the Family and Community Services space. Solutions focused and up for making a difference, you align your approach to strategy to achieve organisational and divisional goals.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, social welfare (or related field) or a Diploma in Community Services with minimum two years’ experience
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Satisfactory National Crime Check, renewed every three (3) years
- COVID-19 Vaccinations per Baptcare’s Vaccination Policy
- Must have a current Driver’s Licence
- Full and ongoing Right to Work in Australia
- Current Working With Children’s Check Check
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain (HLTAID003 Provide First Aid)
- Competency in using the range of Microsoft Office computer software
- Comprehensive private vehicle insurance and registration in the event private vehicles are required for work purposes
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated comprehensive family and carer assessment skills
- Demonstrated skills in case management and active assertive outreach and engagement with families
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of the Child, Youth and Family services sector including requirements of the Children, Young Persons and Their Families Act 1997 and key legislative reforms
- Demonstrated evidence informed knowledge and understanding of child development, trauma, family and child/risk assessment skills
- Wholeheartedly aligned with Baptcare’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Demonstrated evidence informed knowledge and application of therapeutic models and theories to develop skill-based interventions that enable positive change
- A demonstrated understanding of the complexity of the child protection, flexible funding interventions, out of home care and the family support systems and the issues involved in providing services to statutory clients
How to Apply:
Click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo a National Criminal History check.
- Must have had or be willing to get two COVID vaccinations.
- Must have a driver's license.
- Working with Children’s Check and other mentioned qualifications.
If you require support with the application process, please contact Eman Elhessny on [email protected], using the subject line: Family Services Practitioner - Targeted Youth Support Service enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Baptcare is committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role, and supporting diversity. We welcome applicants who may require adjustments.
Baptcare is dedicated to the safety, empowerment, and participation of all children. We have zero tolerance of child abuse and are committed to a thoughtful, protective environment that supports infants, children and young people to feel safe and respected.