Do you want to be part of using the business of banking as a force for good? Do you want to create positive impact for people and the planet? Bank Australia is the bank for people who want to be part of a movement creating a fairer and more just world.
We’re growing fast as more people choose to align their banking with their values. We’re a customer owned, B Corp certified bank. We empower our staff and 185,000+ customers to be part of the clean money movement.
We have a part-time (22.8 hours), fixed term contract (12 months) opportunity for a Customer Support & Recoveries (CS&R) – Compliance & Training Consultant to join the CS&R Team. This role supports the delivery of CS&R training and quality assurance. This includes quality assurance, on-boarding and training of new employees, reporting, staff training, information sharing, policy changes and compliance and adherence to all regulatory requirements.
This position can be flexible to accommodate school friendly hours.
Why join us
- We have big plans to become Australia’s most trusted bank and a leading purpose-driven business.
- As a certified B Corp, we’re part of a global business community who meet the highest social and environmental standards, putting purpose over profit.
- Every role and person in our bank is essential to bringing our values, purpose and aspiration to life.
- We offer flexible working options, competitive salary and 13% super.
- Our staff have access to a range of meaningful benefits to support their physical and mental wellbeing including 24/7 free counselling, free flu vaccinations and discounted gym memberships.
- We also support staff with study assistance, paid parental leave (regardless of gender), volunteer, bereavement, gender affirmation and family violence leave; and the opportunity for bonus annual leave.
- We support our staff to grow their careers through learning and development and an organisational culture where we reward and recognise innovation and values, not long hours.
- We are committed to building an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce that reflects the Australian community.
- We care for a conservation reserve – where we work with key partner organisations to protect threatened species and involve staff in conservation.
What you will be doing
- Support the Team Leader on matters relating to risk, compliance, audit and reporting
- Update department procedures to ensure compliance with bank policies, procedures, guidelines and the relevant legislation, codes or acts
- Quality Assurance reviews
- Preparation of departmental training materials
- Conduct training for the CS&R department and other internal stakeholders
- Assist development of the department’s annual training plan
- Investigate business event exceptions and department reporting enhancements
- Attend ABA, COBA or Industry related information meetings
- Other tasks allocated within the departmental operations work roster.
What you will bring
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Highly flexible and adaptable attitude and approach to work practises
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and multitask
- Outstanding communication skills in liaising both internally and externally – including written, verbal and interpersonal
- Intermediate skills with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Previous experience conducting training face to face and virtually is a bonus
- Knowledge in Debt Collection Guidelines, NCC, ABA Code of Practice, Privacy Act, BCC Code of Practice and/or Bank Australia products and services is a bonus
- Commitment to Bank Australia’s purpose, aspiration, values and brand as well as the BCorp ethos.
Bank Australia reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Candidates will be progressed as applications are received, rather than after the advertisement closure date. If you wish to be considered, please submit your application as soon as possible. Please note, the successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory background checks including but not limited to police and previous employment.