Do you want to be part of using the business of banking as a force for good? Do you want to create positive impact for people and the planet? Bank Australia is the bank for people who want to be part of a movement creating a fairer and more just world.
We’re growing fast as more people choose to align their banking with their values. We’re a customer owned, B Corp certified bank. We empower our staff and 185,000+ customers to be part of the clean money movement.
We currently have a Fixed Term (6 Months), full time opportunity for a Customer Service Consultant to work in our South Brisbane branch. The successful applicant will be self-motivated, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a team environment.
Why join us
- We have big plans to become Australia’s most trusted bank and a leading purpose-driven business.
- As a certified B Corp, we’re part of a global business community who meet the highest social and environmental standards, putting purpose over profit.
- Every role and person in our bank is essential to bringing our values, purpose and aspiration to life.
- We offer flexible working options, competitive salary and 13% super.
- Our staff have access to a range of meaningful benefits to support their physical and mental wellbeing including 24/7 free counselling, free flu vaccinations and discounted gym memberships.
- We also support staff with study assistance, paid parental leave (regardless of gender), volunteer, bereavement, gender affirmation and family violence leave; and the opportunity for bonus annual leave.
- We support our staff to grow their careers through learning and development and an organisational culture where we reward and recognise innovation and values, not long hours
- We are committed to building an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce that reflects the Australian community.
- We care for a conservation reserve – where we work with key partner organisations to protect threatened species and involve staff in conservation.
What you will be doing
- Providing exceptional customer service to meet the banking requirements of our customers both face to face and over the phone
- Assisting in the development of long term mutually rewarding relationships between our bank and its customers through various in branch transactions including but not limited to cash deposit and withdrawals, educating our customers on the benefits of online banking, using the Bank Australia APP, assisting in opening business accounts
- Identifying opportunities to market our range of financial products and services through continuous education and interaction with our customers both new and existing
- Promoting Bank Australia in a positive and professional way in our social, environmental and sustainability strategies through various volunteer programs and opportunities
- Positively contributing to the success of the branch and the branch team as a whole.
What you will bring
- A track record in excellent customer service
- Confidence in building strong relationships with customers
- Well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- The ability to determine priorities and work effectively under pressure
- FSRA Tier 2 accreditation preferred
- Previous customer service/sales experience is essential
- Commitment to Bank Australia’s purpose, aspiration, values and brand as well as the B Corp ethos.
Bank Australia reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Candidates will be progressed as applications are received, rather than after the advertisement closure date. If you wish to be considered, please submit your application as soon as possible. Please note, the successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory background checks including but not limited to police and previous employment.