ABOUT GRAMPIANS HEALTH
Grampians Health was established 1 November 2021, bringing together Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital, Stawell Regional Health, Wimmera Health Care Group and Ballarat Health Services to deliver safe, sustainable, healthcare tailored to changing workforce and community needs, for the long term.
This partnership follows years of strong collaboration and close partnerships between the four health services. Together, we will deliver better healthcare, enhance services and advance careers, closer to home, now and into the future.
A career with Grampians Health means you are connected and are part of a team providing quality healthcare to rural and regional communities. Our communities are diverse, as is our workforce, with expert clinical staff from across the world choosing to live and work in our beautiful region.
Grampians Health provides acute, maternity, mental health, allied health, aged care, administration and support services. This means your career will be as diverse and rewarding as you strive to be.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- The Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) Alliance and Grampians Health have recently engaged in a partnership agreement with a commitment to work collaboratively, share knowledge, resources and/or expertise.
- The Regional Partnership Officer is a newly created role which is primarily accountable for liaising and providing a central point of contact between the cancer centre and the Regional Partnerships Implementation Manager to support the VCCC Alliance to identify and implement processes to ensure continued engagement with key programs of work, this will include establishing a pathway for connecting and sharing applicable resources and supporting the VCCC Alliance to undertake an evaluation of the partnership.
- The key role of the Regional Partnership Officer is to operationalise the Partnership Agreement between the VCCC Alliance and Grampians Health. The position will be responsible for scoping the services of Grampians Health to identify needs, partnership activities, and opportunities in the VCCC Alliance Strategic Program Plan. This scoping work will inform the activities and programs of work between the two organisations to implement the Regional Partnership Officer/Coordinator with a point of contact for across Grampians Health and VCCC Alliance.
The Regional Partnership Officer/Coordinator will work in close collaboration with the Regional Partnership Coordinator and the VCCC Alliance Project staff to:
- Engage with metro, regional and rural stakeholders
- Develop and deploy a customised local engagement communication and partnership strategy with each collaborative partner
- Identify and promote access to clinical trials in the region
- Promote access to VCCC Alliance education and training programming in response to priorities of the regional and rural cancer workforce at Grampians Integrated Cancer Centre
- Formalise a structure to support streamlined communication channels between VCCC Alliance and the cancer centre by defining pathways for connecting and sharing applicable core resources and connection with key liaisons and programs of work
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience engaging in collaborative relationships with clinicians, researchers and other clinical staff/stakeholders and facilitating the implementation of process improvements/developments
- Possess a strong understanding of the healthcare system and cancer care
- Proven project management experience
- Tertiary / postgraduate qualification or experience in relevant discipline such as project management, health, science or research (desirable)
- Experience in clinical research or clinical trials would be highly advantageous (desirable)
HOW TO APPLY
Click APPLY NOW or contact Sharad Sharma, Head of Medical Oncology, on 03 5320 8547 for a confidential discussion.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police records check, immunisation clearance and Working with Children check and/or NDIS Worker Screening Check.
All employees must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependent.
Grampians Health is a child safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Grampians Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), intersex and asexual LGBTQIA+.