- Sydney CBD location with hybrid work arrangement
- Competitive salary with salary packaging benefits
- One of the world’s leading humanitarian aid agencies
Outline & Purpose of Role:
Australia for UNHCR (A4U) is the UN Refugee Agency’s national partner in Australia, raising awareness and funds to support UNHCR’s global emergency response to humanitarian crises. Established in 2000, A4U has raised over $400m from individual donors, philanthropists and corporates, leading to direct impact on the ground delivering emergency support such as shelter, protection, clean water, food and medicines.
We are looking for a pro-active, resourceful and experienced Head of Philanthropy & Partnerships, with a passion for the work we do, to develop and implement strategies to increase financial support from a broad portfolio, leading programs that cultivate relationships with donors and partners to establish closer relationships with UNHCR’s work and collaborating to deepen impact and grow income. This role supports the Executive with developing and driving the strategic direction of the portfolio and organisational leadership. The successful person will work closely with a high performing, motivated team, as well as teams across the organisation to ensure a data driven approach which aligns with the expectations and needs of our target audience and our UNHCR colleagues, to ensure alignment with our global strategy and drive a culture of innovation.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy & Partnerships, the Head of Philanthropy & Partnerships is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing fundraising strategies to secure and increase revenue across the Philanthropy and Partnerships portfolio (Major and Middle donors, Ultra-High Net Worth donors, Private Ancillary Funds, Trusts and a Foundations, Bequests, Corporate Partners, Events and Faith-based giving income).
- Evaluating and analysing fundraising activities to ensure a sustainable approach to revenue and program growth.
- Developing appropriate engagement and recognition strategies for all donors in the portfolio.
- Working strategically with stakeholders to identify new Donor prospects, and with key internal stakeholders in the development of relationships with donors to maximise the benefits to the organisation and move donors up the supporter pyramid.
- Ensuring positive relationships are maintained with high value supporters, bequestors and partners and that all supporters in the portfolio are communicated with appropriately.
- Cultivating and stewarding relationships with a wide variety of constituencies including current and potential bequestors and donors, foundations and corporations, community and other potential partners.
- Managing team initiatives to identify, cultivate and solicit gifts from donors as part of Zakat, Sadaqah and other faith based donations.
- Ensuring a data-driven approach is in place across the team for decision making, with emphasis on segmentation models, donor research and data integrity.
- Developing annual income and expenditure budgets and reforecasts.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of events, including but not limited to webinar/event series.
- Attending Australia for UNHCR events and other functions as appropriate to represent the organisation, meet and greet stakeholders and nurture current and potential supporters.
- Implementing regular reporting on portfolio performance including submissions and reporting for UNHCR PSP, A4U Board and the Executive team.
- Leading and developing staff to deliver consistent, high quality and successful outcomes.
- Playing an active and senior role as part of the Leadership Team, contributing to the leadership and direction of the Philanthropy & Partnerships function and organisation.
The successful application will possess the following attributes:
- At least 5 years senior experience in developing and implementing strategic philanthropy and partnership fundraising initiatives across multiple channels.
- Demonstrated experience embedding strategic thinking and clearly articulating strategic direction and plans.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, asking for and closing significant gifts.
- Senior level relationship management experience, with an ability to influence and actively engage a wide range of donors and build long term relationships with stakeholders.
- Advanced understanding of the Australian and global philanthropic sector
- High level management skills and experience including project management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective budget management skills and ability to deliver long-term sustainability.
- An influential and collaborative approach in building and maintaining relationships with all internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience in using a database, ideally Raiser’s Edge or a similar platform.
Australia for UNHCR embraces diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity. We recognise the value of a diverse workforce and the creation of inclusive workforce cultures. We welcome applications from people with diverse experiences and cultural backgrounds, including migrants and former refugees.
At A4U we are committed to ensuring a safe environment and culture for those with whom we come in contact during the course of our work, and activities, including children and vulnerable adults. Therefore, if successful, you will be required to comply with the A4U Safeguarding People policy and sign the A4U Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
Please click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
Please apply ASAP as applications will be reviewed as they are received.
A position description is attached.