HiveLabs OÜ is looking to on-board a People Manager to work remotely alongside managers and senior leadership to grow and develop the people management function.
- 24-month contract with an initial review at 3 months, with option to extend
- Fully remote, 4 days a week
- $500 - $800 AUD a day (8 hours)
- Reports to the Head of Operations
This role is only open to residents of Australia (excluding SA, QLD, and TAS), New Zealand, and Estonia who have the right to work within that location. We predominantly work in the UTC +10/11 timezone.
This role is for an initial 24 month contract with a minimum of 25 hours and a maximum of 35 per week. This is a contract role and you must have appropriate business registration and the right to work in your country of residence.
- To best facilitate this position, there will need to be cross over with the majority of the team which work in the UTC +10/11 timezone.
- During the initial training period of 3 months you will be expected to work the same days as one of the Business Operations team members to facilitate training and support.
- You will work within your contracted hours unless agreed to otherwise.
As a People Manager you will:
- Establishing policies and procedures that promote a positive company culture and vision
- Advocating and promoting our company values in your day to day of social responsibility, sustainability, harm reduction, inclusion and communication
- Coordinate recruiting, on-boarding and off-boarding of team members
- Manage on-going tasks such as contracts, education, leave and personal growth
- Assist in coordinating company events, meetings and conferences, including travel arrangements and accomodations
- Work closely with the key stakeholders such as senior leadership and accounts to facilitate the hiring strategy
- Assist and provide support to managers and leadership with addressing work related complaints such as interpersonal, performance and behavioural issues
- Surveying and gathering feedback around team happiness and culture
- Act as a conduit for new team members to point them to the right direction to resolve any questions
- Feel confident in managing a diverse set of people with neurodiversity and disability requirements
- Assist in developing and managing educational initiatives
- Assist in coordinating diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts
- Assist leadership in developing, finalising and maintaining Position Descriptions
We’re looking for a People Manager who can display the below skills & experience throughout our interview process:
- Human resources qualifications or experience
- Management experience in a leadership or senior role
- Strong organisational and planning skills, with a focus on attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience working with marginalised communities, specifically sex workers, neurodivergent and disabled people
- Diligence, patience and friendliness under pressure and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills, including ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the company
- Empathy, and the desire to help others
- Fluent spoken and written English
- The ability to work autonomously and advocate for your needs
Desirable, but not essential skills:
- Experience in and an understanding of sex work
- Has worked in a small business or startup environment