- Make a positive change in children's lives
- Work with a collaborative and passionate team
- Additional time off offered for staff wellbeing and birthdays
- Part-time flexible role (3 or 4 days/week) - hybrid working environment
Australian Schools Plus (Schools Plus) helps children facing disadvantage succeed at school. Schools Plus empowers schools in disadvantaged communities with funding, coaching and resources to create lasting change, which helps their students thrive.
The WA State Manager is a newly created role, responsible for growing Schools Plus’ presence in Western Australia. A critical member of Schools Plus’ donor relations team, the role is primarily focused on building strong and long-term relationships with potential and current donors. It will also involve helping to build and represent Schools Plus in relationships with education, philanthropy and other stakeholders.
Excellent communication, fundraising and stakeholder engagement skills will be required. Thinking strategically is critical and being comfortable working autonomously whilst maintaining strong and collaborative relationships with the Sydney and wider Schools Plus team is a must.
The role is based in WA with occasional travel intrastate and interstate. The role will be offered initially as a part-time (open to 3 or 4 days per week) 2-year employment contract, with a potential to increase days and become permanent in time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Achieve targets set out in Schools Plus’ strategy by developing new major relationships with individuals, foundations and corporates and maintaining existing donor relationships
- Research and identify potential new donor opportunities including individuals, trusts and foundations and corporates
- Write grant applications, prepare and deliver presentations/proposals and work with our team to hold events seeking engagement and support
- Ensure regular high-quality reporting and communications to donors
- Regularly evaluate donor relationships and effectively maintain them
- Research and apply for grants/funding to support the operational costs of Schools Plus, including developing budgets
- Maintain and establish relationships with intermediaries e.g. philanthropy advisers, to lift profile of Schools Plus amid philanthropic community
- Sustain relationships with education community stakeholders
- Identify potential marketing and communications/publicity/public speaking opportunities
- Input into the donor engagement and fundraising strategy, schools strategy and processes.
- Manage information and utilise Salesforce CRM relating to your area of work to ensure all data is of highest integrity
About the successful applicant
This dynamic role is a great opportunity to create change in disadvantaged schools across Australia, with a focus on Western Australia. The role will suit someone with the following:
- significant expertise and experience in fundraising and developing donor relationships, particularly in relation to major donors, including high net worth individuals, trusts and foundations and corporates
- well-connected within WA and able to draw on existing relationships within the philanthropic community
- strong relationship building experience to grow senior level relationships with supporters, schools and other key stakeholders
- strong written and verbal communication skills to support donor communications (including writing of proposals, grants and reports) and partnerships
- driven and has the ability to work autonomously with proven success and experience in leading, and working collaboratively with diverse teams to achieve a common goal
- strong Microsoft and CRM skills, including budgeting in Excel, developing PowerPoints, and utilising a CRM system to track the donor journey
- passion for the not-for-profit sector and education equity.
To apply, please click Apply Now and submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above and a resume.
Applications close on 30 November, but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we are aiming to fill this position immediately and will review applications as they are received.
Schools Plus is committed to equal opportunity whilst achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Working With Children Check. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.