- Full time Contract, (Part time considered) with the possibility of ongoing
Ascot Vale Heights School (formerly Ascot Vale Special School) is a state government school that provides high quality education to students with mild intellectual disabilities. We assist students between 5 and 18 years to address their learning difficulties and develop a wide range of life skills that enable them to participate fully in life's daily activities. It is located in the Travancore Estate of Ascot Vale.
The school offers excellent programs to promote the learning and independence skills of all students.
Specialist classes include Physical Education, Music, Art, and the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen and Garden Program.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to participate in their children’s education. A number of information sessions and programs to support parents are held throughout the year.
For further information please visit our website.
Key Selection Criteria
- SC1 Demonstrated high level of knowledge of the relevant curriculum, including the ability to incorporate the teaching of literacy and numeracy skills. Demonstrated high level of ability to respond to student learning needs.
- SC2 Demonstrated high level of ability to plan for and implement high impact teaching strategies, guided by how students learn, and evaluate the impact of learning and teaching programs on student learning growth.
- SC3 Demonstrated high level of ability to monitor and assess student learning. Demonstrated high level of ability to use data to inform teaching practice and to provide feedback on student learning growth and achievement to students and parents.
- SC4 Demonstrated high level of interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated high level of ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with students, parents, colleagues and the broader school community to support student learning, agency, wellbeing and engagement.
- SC5 Demonstrated behaviours and attitudes consistent with Department values. Demonstrated high level of ability to reflect upon practice and engage in professional learning to continually improve the quality of teaching.
Role and Responsibilities
The role of classroom teacher may include but is not limited to:
- Direct teaching of groups of students and individual students;
- Contributing to the development, implementation and evaluation of a curriculum area or other curriculum program within the school;
- Undertaking other classroom teaching related and organisational duties as determined by the School Principal;
- Participating in activities such as parent/teacher meetings; staff meetings; camps and excursions;
- Undertaking other non-teaching supervisory duties.
Please ensure that your application (via Recruitment Online) includes:
- A resume including relevant experience, detailed employment history, as well as personal details (name, address and contact numbers business and home and VIT number)
- A response addressing each of the selection criteria (recommended 1 page per criteria)
- Names and contact numbers (telephone and email if possible) of at least three referees who are able to attest to the claims made in your application/selection criteria
- Potential for ongoing
- Part Time considered
Please note that the selection panel may seek additional referees beyond those you name. Consistent with policy, we shall advise you if we will take this action.
Applicants wishing further information about the school or this position, are encouraged to contact the Principal, Nancy Sidoti, prior to the closing date of applications.
Please contact the General Office on 03-9370 8906 or email [email protected] using the subject line: PE Teacher - Special Education enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Applications are to be submitted below using the Apply Now link and be redirected to the DET Recruitment Online using job reference 1385939.