- Disability Support Worker Roles Available in Southwest Sydney
Join Anowah, a dynamic and values-driven organisation committed to fostering genuine social inclusion for individuals with disabilities. We are seeking dedicated support workers for our home and living options services, who embody our core values of being Ethical, Passionate, People-focused, Person-centred, Innovative, and Collaborative.
As a Support Worker at Anowah, you will be pivotal in providing exceptional supported independent living and community access services to our clients with intellectual disabilities. We prize staff who:
- Adopt a person-centred approach in service delivery.
- Stand firm in preserving the rights and dignity of our clients and the broader disability community.
- Are committed to assisting our clients in voicing and realising their aspirations.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitating community engagement with a tailored, active support approach.
- Assisting with personal care needs.
- Aiding with mobility and transfers for clients with physical limitations.
- Providing transportation for various activities.
- Assisting with meal preparation and household tasks.
- Managing administrative duties, including documentation of client progress, goal tracking, incident reporting, maintaining vehicle logs, and timekeeping.
- Delivering specialist health support for clients with complex needs (comprehensive training and supervision provided).
- Accompanying clients to healthcare appointments.
Our community homes are located in Horsley Park, Bossley Park, and Carnes Hill. Additionally, as an Anowah Support Worker, you will:
- Engage in regular team meetings and collaborative discussions.
- Participate in professional development and training programs facilitated by Anowah.
- Uphold and advocate for our organisational values.
- Contribute positively to our team culture, promoting support and unity.
Are You the Right Fit?
If you possess:
- A minimum of a Certificate III in Disability or an equivalent qualification.
- A current, valid driver’s licence (P1 or above).
- First aid certificate.
- Full working rights in Australia.
- And a NDIS Workers Check.
We are eager to welcome you to our supportive and forward-thinking team!
Apply now and make a meaningful impact with Anowah Community Living.